Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Something very very sad

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Something very very sad

i dont feel anything, if they are able they should work
my parents came here wit almost nuthing and they built themselves up and never begged for money
i dont feel sorry for them at all

but i do donate money to some casues like the red cross and children funds and so forth
i have a heart but not toward the lazy

Old 03-19-2007, 06:48 PM
4th Gear

I dont feel bad for telling them no 1 bit. It's funny when i go to the "downtown" area of Joliet and get aproached bymore lazy ****'s then when i go to Chicago.
A common scam i get is
Bum - Let me get $5 cause my car ran out of gas around the corner with my wife and kids in it.
Me -I got a gas can in my trunk what are you driving?
Bum - I dont want to waste your time the money will be fine.
Me - It's no big deal im off work now.
That's usually the point that they ask for less or walk away.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:41 PM
4th Gear

Im probably going to hell for this but i got a new response for the people that are clearly capable of working but chose not to.

When approached by 1 of these indiviguals asking for your $, you look them straight in the eye while reaching for your coc, and ask them how much do they want. [:-]

Old 03-19-2007, 09:30 PM
4th Gear

I feel ya, mate - nothing is more irritating than seeing someone fully capable of working and asking for a hand out. Like most here, I'm a charitable guy - but when I see others take advantage of the good will of others for personal gain - nope. And here's the trully sad part - it's beginning to harden the hearts of many who would normally give freely to those that really have hit bottom unexpectantly.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: new2me
When approached by 1 of these indiviguals asking for your $, you look them straight in the eye while reaching for your coc, and ask them how much do they want. [:-]

LOL@ WORK HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Old 03-19-2007, 11:32 PM

On the exit rampI take home from work every night there is the same guy with a sign asking for money to feed his family. I felt bad for him the first couple times i saw him, but he's been there now for a few years, so I don't even pay him any attention anymore. I just think that if he put that much time and energy into finding a job he'd be at least mildly successful at whatever he wound up doing. It's not like he's dressed so horribly that he couldn't find a job somewhere, i've seen scrubbier people flipping burgers at mcdonalds.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:37 PM
3rd Gear

I work too hard every day to give my money to some lazy bum that's too much of a lazy bastard to get out and get a job. I can guarantee that if I was ever without a job, I would do whatever I had to do not to be homeless. Their just lazy POS's that don't want to do anything with their lives.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: new2me

I dont feel bad for telling them no 1 bit. It's funny when i go to the "downtown" area of Joliet and get aproached bymore lazy ****'s then when i go to Chicago.
A common scam i get is
Bum - Let me get $5 cause my car ran out of gas around the corner with my wife and kids in it.
Me -I got a gas can in my trunk what are you driving?
Bum - I dont want to waste your time the money will be fine.
Me - It's no big deal im off work now.
That's usually the point that they ask for less or walk away.
That is a popular one here as well. Just blow up and go off on em, I did that once and man it felt good

Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 PM
2nd Gear

I kept getting the same "My car just broke down and I need money for a tow truck." Actually got it from the same guy twice. Or "I just left the AA meeting and need change for the bus."

Ever hear the story of the couple who put their son through college collecting cans? They did what they could with what they had. Something alot of these bums could learn from.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:55 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mnaudi

Or "I just left the AA meeting and need change for the bus."
Or, "I just left the AA meeting and man, I sure could use a drink"