Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Something for the DIYers amongst us...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Senior Administrator
Default Something for the DIYers amongst us...

Wanted to share this with everybody. 1 or 2 of you may see the potential, and thank me for sharing.

FTR, I get nothing from this. No kickbacks. No profit sharing. I just thought I'd share it wit summa you MotaHeads.

Go here

login name is one of my email addresses (you can PM your thanks, or flames, to me there): tmpatterson@excite.com

Click on the "click here" link.

Other links provide info as stated below the links.

You are encouraged to sign up for your OWN signon (again, I receive NOTHING from these guys), but are welcome to use mine if $15.00 U$D is above your budget.

Edit/Add - P.S. If you need an explaination as to what the various title status means, I can provide assistance with understanding those, too.

Enjoy!

Old 05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Something for the DIYers amongst us...

Pretty Crazy. They had alot of reallly nice cars on there. I just wonder how much the 20k Viper would be to repair. Its only missing "bolt on" parts and is probably an "EZ Fixer". I personally wouldnt take the chance with it just cause I dont know much about fixing salvaged cars, but its still cool none the less.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Senior Administrator

Yeah! But, seriously, there are some AWWSOME deals to be found. One of teh brokers has a '04 (I think) 350Z, low level flood car (carpets only) for under 20K. Last year one of teh dealers had, like, 40-50 Dodges that some dealer took an insurance write off on, same deal, wet carpets. Dealer got full value for the cars through ins.settlement, broker was selling 'em for something like 60% of commercial value (prolly paid 10% for the bunch).

Ya gotta be careful, though. *Export* titles canNOT be registered as a road vehicle in most states. *Runs,* vs. *Runs&Drives.* Saltwater flood. Frame damage. Stuff like that.

Also, if you scroll down the home page, there are vehicle inspectors who will provide you with a full report (for a fee, of course) on any prospective vehicle. I'm assuming this includes repair estimates, too, but haven't had reason to use one, yet. Gonna try'n get my daughter something decent this fall. I'll let you guys know how the veh. insp's work when I do...

Old 05-02-2005, 10:40 PM
3rd Gear

Now that is my kinda car shopping!!, I'll take 2 and a half porsches please

Old 05-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Senior Administrator

Then you need to hit the OKFOREIGN (#21) broker. Just promise me you won't snag the white, late-model 944. I'm thinking about making that my daughters back to school car (after I fix it up, of course)...

Old 05-03-2005, 12:48 AM
5th Gear

so am i missing something here, there's no way to browse or search through these cars? do you have to just check out each dealer individually?

Old 05-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: bentframe

so am i missing something here, there's no way to browse or search through these cars? do you have to just check out each dealer individually?
[&o] *sigh* - - - *rolls eyes*

Kids these days.

If it isn't instantly available it's just not worth teh trouble, huh?

Nope.

No way to browse.

Ya hafta check each one out individually.

There are a couple of pairs of brokers who share inventory, however.

#12 & #65, for instance.

The other pair both list the same Aston Martin, but I can't remember which ones they are off the top of my head.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 AM
5th Gear

guilty as charged....i'm ashamed to be a part of this "instant generation"....but alas, i am a product of my surroundings....anything that takes time, is not worth the time it takes to accomplish...

Old 05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Senior Administrator

my condolences to your g/f...

Old 05-03-2005, 04:39 PM
5th Gear

ouch!! well played.....