Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

SOMEONE HACKED MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 PM
1st Gear
Default SOMEONE HACKED MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT!

hello everyonez, i just need to vent a bit.....

i recivied a message from paypal saying that my account was put into a hold type status due to some fishy activity. normally these types of emails are bogus, but i always check the links on them to see if they are pointing to a real address, in this case it was. so i went to my paypal account (not through the link on the email) and confirmed that it was indeed in a limited status. looking at the recent transactions there was one for $45 something and another for like $60 on Sunday which i did not make. of course out of the three credit cards i had setup on paypal the debit card attached to an old back account that only had a few bucks in it was the one he chose to use, so after going to check my balance i found that it was in the negative and also got slammed with insufficient funds fees, so i've got like -$175 in the account now.......

spent all morning working with paypal (waiting on them for more information regarding the dispute), my bank to getting the fees credited (they need to see something from paypal to confirm it was fraud, i'm this is waiting on paypal) my other banks that were not affected to make sure that they can't do any more harm, the credit agencies filing fraud reports, and changing all of my accounts that use paypal over to my creditcard so that they don't get denied payment since my account is on hold....... such a pain in the ***. looks like everything will get straightened out in the end with loosing anything but my time, it's gonna be a few weeks though.

Has anyone else been unfortunate enough to have something like this happen to them? how did it all turn out?
Im gonna do everything i can to get the address they tried sending the **** the bought too........ nothing like a road trip in a Audi with a .40 cal pistol and a assault rifle. I don't like it when people **** with my ****.

AHHHHHH IMMMMM SOOO PISSED!

Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: SOMEONE HACKED MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT!

Wow sorry man.. what the fackkk![:@]

Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM
2nd Gear

someone some how got my bank info andtried to withdraw8 bills last year. my bank caught it since i had a limit of 500 bucks per withdraw and they shutdown my card.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:55 AM
4th Gear

If you need backup, PM cyberlogicx.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:36 AM
1st Gear

thanks guys. i'll let you know how it turns out. waiting on paypal to resolve the issue at this point, then i'm goign to the bank.