Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

So... Who's Dead?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 01:06 AM
5th Gear
Default So... Who's Dead?

It's past midnight in the Midwest and I know I'm not!

Old 05-21-2011, 01:24 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

almost 1:30 am

still waiting

I think it's supposed to be sometime this afternoon

Old 05-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Isn't it supposed to be around 6PM today?

You'll be hitting 6 first so let me know if you died Kolbs. Text me!

Old 05-21-2011, 01:36 PM
5th Gear

I should probably tell Jeremy to text me... If he doesn't reply after 5pm Central, we'll assume the worst

Old 05-21-2011, 02:47 PM
5th Gear

Got about 3 more hours here... Gonna grab a beer and a cigar and wait with my .40 on my side on the back porch for the undead to start rising...

Thats gonna happen, right?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:25 PM
5th Gear

The comment thread on my friends FB status...

(He's a native VT'er living in PR right now for work)

"what you think of when someone tells you the end of the world is tomorrow based on where you live:

Vermonters: Make sure the ammunition is ready and everyone in the house is ready for the zombies.

Puerto Ricans: Have a huge excuse to party like the world is ending.... again.

Replies
___
Would you really expect me to have an empty armory?
___
I think I can hold off the zombies until you get back. You may want to bring an extra case of ammo with you, just in case I've resorted to smashing them with the truck by the time you get here.
___
Guns, check. Ammo, Check. Dodge pickup with tommy gate, Check.
Zombies, Tomorrow hopefully.
___
Im not worried about zombies Im worried about crazy people that think the world will end. I have a 45 on my side, combat 12gauge very handy, and a DE .50 to stop crazy people with bodyarmor. Lets see what happens.
___
I've never really been able to pick a good tactic for body armor (other than head shots). I have something in 30 cal flavor that will leave small clean holes in thru the front and out the back, or I can choose something in the hot-loaded 45-70 Govt flavor that may not penetrate the armor, but will certainly break every rib and probably still do some serious chest cavity trauma. Do you have a better idea than I do of what works, or should I be shopping for an 82A1?
___
A .50 BMG is always a safe bet when body armor is in play. But if you don't have one sitting around, I'd go with things that will cause damage on impact rather than penetration. Within 100ft a magnum 12g slug would make it hard for someone to get up after getting hit. If they did get up, I dont see them taking a second round well. Also, body armor on appendages such as arms and legs are not as tough. You probably could take someones legs out with most high caliber rounds. If Ironman shows up in his armor, just give him what he wants because you're outgunned.

So, safe to say we have the knowledge and resources to hold our own for a bit up here. Any of you guys have convo's going anything like that?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:44 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Had a close call there a few hours ago. I thought I was starting to turn zombie. Turns out I was just really bored. Went out for dinner and a few drinks with the wife. Seem to be right as rain at the moment. Currently considering what to have for desert. I could go for some....BRAINS!!!! wait....I didn't mean to type that out loud....CRAP

nvm

disregard this post

Old 05-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Administrator

6:56.

So what happened?

Old 05-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by achTTung
So, safe to say we have the knowledge and resources to hold our own for a bit up here. Any of you guys have convo's going anything like that?
Didn't look like half of the people actually had what they needed to fight zombies. A face full of buckshot will typically do the trick though. From what I've been reading a .22 carbine is ideal. The bullet will enter the skull, but not have enough energy to get through it again so it end up bouncing around and doing more damage than larger calibers. Ammo is more plentiful, easier to carry is large quantities, and very little recoil.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Site Moderator

Oh and I went with both options. Got drunk, but still have a nice stash well within drunk walking distance.

Quick Reply: So... Who's Dead?