Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

So what happens...............

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:29 AM
4th Gear
Default So what happens...............

If a pack of carsis driving down the expressway and one of them hasa radar jammer as they approach one of them radar vans? Does it still ticket everyone or nobody at all?

Old 07-28-2007, 10:38 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: So what happens...............

They would probably ticket the lot of them

Old 07-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Radar jammers don't worked overly well, but some laser jammers do. The radar would most likely pick up the speeds of everybody in the group. The laser jammer would most likely protect the person with the jammer for a short time, if that is who the cop has the laser aimed at. The width of a laser signal is only 18" at 500 feet, and 36" at 1000 feet, etc. So the laser is target specific and it can pick any car out of the lot if it has line of sight. Not sure why the question, but don't feel safe if you are driving around a person with a jammer, because you are still the sitting duck.

Cheers!

Old 07-28-2007, 11:54 AM
4th Gear

This is just one of my daily ponders, I dont even own a radar detector. But in construction zones there are these mini vans setup with some kind of radar system that clocks people thenmailsout the ticket. I was just wondering if it can still ticket you and others if you have a jammer.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:48 PM
2nd Gear

easyyy Radar can signal a group or multiple cars.. and jammers dont really work. the best jammer is to be in the shadow of a 18wheeler.
As with Lazer/lidar it can only select one vehicle at a time. But in the situation you posted above. i bet they odnt bother and no one even gets pulled ovver. cause what are they gonna do search all the cars till they find it? lol

Old 07-28-2007, 03:54 PM
4th Gear

Here is a linktalking aboutthe vansmentioned above. http://www.chicagovelocity.com/forum...ad.php?t=35456

Old 07-31-2007, 03:40 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: new2me

This is just one of my daily ponders, I dont even own a radar detector. But in construction zones there are these mini vans setup with some kind of radar system that clocks people thenmailsout the ticket. I was just wondering if it can still ticket you and others if you have a jammer.
Here's what you do.

You get someone to distract the operators of the van, and steal the front license plate.

Screw that sucker onto your front plate, and haul all sorts of *** by them!

Watch the operator's confused and saddened face sort through as many tickets as you feel like giving them.

(I learned about this when a couple of bonkers Aussies did it, but I can't find the actual story)

Old 07-31-2007, 09:05 AM
4th Gear

lol that would be so funny but since they take pictures of the plate and your face I would need to have a mask. Some how have a mask of the officer running the van!