Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

so ummm....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:38 AM

I agree.....I was one of theose people who created an account to ask a ?, but I figured I'd stick around and see what I can learn about my car, whick by the way is the first import I've ever had. Always been a ford kinda guy. ACHTTUNG, I feel you on that whole pick it apart thing. Every once in a while my posts get picked apart and somehow the other person tries to make me look like a dumb @$$ and I think in my head.......wow is it already about that time for me to get F***ed with......LOL But I also have found myself in here everyday mostly since my X-box has the ring of death for the 2nd time and dont really wanna get it fixed. We definately need more people to post.....you guys are starting to bore me....LOL "just a joke"

Old 09-07-2008, 01:38 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by love the booB5
I wish I got OT for the **** I have to deal with every day... damn salary positions....
get this... the guys i work with are salary AND STILL get paid for overtime!!!

they take a day off, they get paid. I take a day off, I don't. Plus, they're paid more.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:31 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by achTTung
get this... the guys i work with are salary AND STILL get paid for overtime!!!

they take a day off, they get paid. I take a day off, I don't. Plus, they're paid more.
You know, I've heard of a lot of people that still get OT with salary positions too. The company I work for is stingy on the highest level man. We're a $50 million+/yr company, but they pay me dirt. Pretty weak...

I have to admit though, it is nice to be able to call in sick once in a while and still get paid for that day.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
2nd Gear

I need a new fvcking job .... I can't stand mine. Anyone want to hire a 32 year old professional with 8 years mid-management experience? lol

Old 09-07-2008, 03:30 PM
5th Gear

yeah, i don't complain about my situation really. I get full use of the shop on my free time, including a HUGE industrial press, a mill, welder, cold saw, band saw, CNC brake press, CNC waterjet, tons of tools, access to a bunch of sheetmetal (steel, stainless steel, aluminum).

I cut a throttle body spacer on the jet the other day for my water/meth. Ordered up enough bolts to make 4 more 'kits'. I can potentially make money off the simple job I needed to do to mod my car.

Makes up for not being salary.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Bad Justin
I need a new fvcking job .... I can't stand mine. Anyone want to hire a 32 year old professional with 8 years mid-management experience? lol

ha, see, i've a very unprofessional guy. I don't think I could make it in an office. Too many years being in/around a shop. Every forth word out of my mouth is a swear word, i wear inappropriate shirts all the time, spit on the floor. Not to mention, actually WORKING in front of a computer is boring as ****. I need to be working with my hands or I'll go crazy. Even a monotonous job on the shop floor is better than anything in an office.

Only win office work has over shop floor work is ladies. there are no attractive ladies on any shop floor i've ever seen.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

Damn, looks like we all have more in common than I imagined.(besides driving an Audi) Im here to learn....not to talk ****.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Thumbs up

I cut a throttle body spacer on the jet the other day for my water/meth. Ordered up enough bolts to make 4 more 'kits'. I can potentially make money off the simple job I needed to do to mod my car.
If you really plan on letting any of those loose, I'd buy 1 !!!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
5th Gear

I'll try to cut you one tonight before I leave. Longer bolts should be here monday. Only other thing you would need are 2 throttle body gaskets. I need to get some for myself, so if you want, I can just buy a handful of them, otherwise, source your own.

USRT sells them for $55, how bout I sell them for $35 shipped? Paypal of course.

Differences are, theirs are fully machined, mine is cut from plate. You'll see a little bit of texture on the cut edges from the jet. You can use it as is, or take a few minutes with some emery paper and smooth down the cut a bit more. There really isn't going to be enough of a performance difference to matter.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Talking

I'll try to cut you one tonight before I leave. Longer bolts should be here monday. Only other thing you would need are 2 throttle body gaskets. I need to get some for myself, so if you want, I can just buy a handful of them, otherwise, source your own.

USRT sells them for $55, how bout I sell them for $35 shipped? Paypal of course.

Differences are, theirs are fully machined, mine is cut from plate. You'll see a little bit of texture on the cut edges from the jet. You can use it as is, or take a few minutes with some emery paper and smooth down the cut a bit more. There really isn't going to be enough of a performance difference to matter.

SOLD !!!.....Are there bosses or will I have to drill and tap for those, not a problem if they're not I have a 200 pc. die and tap set. As for the cuts, not a problem I've got a fine polishing disc on my angle grinder that should do the trick.

Quick Reply: so ummm....