Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

so ummm....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 10:33 PM
4th Gear

i live here

Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 PM
4th Gear

^ any new music speil?

btw audi... its pg 69

Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 PM

I have been a member for a fairly short time, 3-4 months maybe. and ive noticed in the "off-topic" section that im becoming more skeptical about posting anything, i mean, i know its off topic and you can say pretty much whatever, but i feel as if people take things i say wrong, maybe im not good at putting my thoughts into words? seems to work for me when i write papers in college haha. but yea, i never mean any harm but i feel i get **** for what i say, or someone takes offense, who knows. like i said, only been a part of the forum a few months, still gettin a feel for it. btw i as well, sit at home most the time when i get off work, friends are off at school, others have gotten married, to lazy to go surf by my self. o well, sucks gettin older.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mctavish11
I have been a member for a fairly short time, 3-4 months maybe. and ive noticed in the "off-topic" section that im becoming more skeptical about posting anything, i mean, i know its off topic and you can say pretty much whatever, but i feel as if people take things i say wrong, maybe im not good at putting my thoughts into words? seems to work for me when i write papers in college haha. but yea, i never mean any harm but i feel i get **** for what i say, or someone takes offense, who knows. like i said, only been a part of the forum a few months, still gettin a feel for it. btw i as well, sit at home most the time when i get off work, friends are off at school, others have gotten married, to lazy to go surf by my self. o well, sucks gettin older.
I don't think you should have to worry about anything you post. I mean, most of the regular members now are younger guys and this generation is pretty lax and unoffended by most things. And there are plenty of people on here who post offensive things everytime they post (i wont name names) so there is nothing to worry about. But I do the same thing on papers and such - I have all of the right ideas in my head, but I cant seem to get them onto the paper.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 PM
4th Gear

^ its what happens when you get so many different people from so many different places to "come together" in one place, i wouldnt be timid to voice your opinions if i were you

Old 09-06-2008, 11:55 PM
5th Gear

Ehh, people get defensive on the forums. Doesn't matter how you word things, someone will find a way to pick it apart until its somehow an attack aimed at them. You get some people that grow a big set of e-***** when the get on the forums too. They'll look for ****, or make **** if they have to, just because. Post whatever. Hell, I post whatever no matter what forum or thread Im in. I'm awesome at derailing threads.

But to get back on topic, yeah, its kinda dead. A year ago you'd NEVER see me in the OT forum. A good 99% of my posting was all answering questions. I'm kinda burned out on that now. Almost every question imaginable has been asked before. I get in on the ones that are a little more obscure still, and I post the basics of my mods. I don't have the patience to do a full on 'DIY how-to writeup w/ pics at every step'. A forum of cloned cars would suck anyway. More fun when everyone does it a little different. Actually have a chance to learn something that maybe you missed yourself.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:56 PM
5th Gear

Oh, and I have no life outside of work, or working on the car. I worked from 4 to 9:30pm today, just because I had nothing better to do.

Gotta love that OT....

Old 09-07-2008, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear

i've been active for the last mmmmmmmm 3 weeks? yeah...Name:  sigpic2503_3.gif
Views: 20
Size:  3.5 KB

Old 09-07-2008, 03:44 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by kolbs_91
On a somewhat-related side-note, does anyone use the chat room anymore??
Whut? There's a chat room?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:51 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by achTTung
Gotta love that OT....
I wish I got OT for the **** I have to deal with every day... damn salary positions....

Quick Reply: so ummm....