Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

So, I'm getting back in the game and this time brought a bigger gun. (56k, you might kill yourself)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 10:01 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: So, I'm getting back in the game and this time brought a bigger gun. (56k, you might kill yourse

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

Nice pictures... I can tell you what you got... a Nikon D60.

Does that work? HAHA I love Adobe Light Room.

Pics look good BTW!

josh

Ding Ding Ding, right on the money, and you helped me narrow it down too, thanks for that.

ORIGINAL: heloman28
Ahh, 'ol Columbus... go take a picture of Bar Rossi in the Short North for me, bro.
I'll get down there soon for you

and yes, I love to use the Manual Focus allot.

I wish it was the Ducatti, and my next purchase is gonna be an external flash so I can manipulate the lighting more, but I'm still learning the Camera so I'll take my time and do that first

Old 05-10-2008, 10:05 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: So, I'm getting back in the game and this time brought a bigger gun. (56k, you might kill yourse

Nope, that's definitely a D60. Looks great, CAB! Some could use some touching up just because the diffuse light from the overcast sky is a little bland, but I think for the most part you did a good job making use of the light you had.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

looks like i'm too late to play this game, but i really really really thought you bought a brand new stackablewasher and dryer!!

my question is this......were the people in the laundromat giving your strange looks cuz you were having a "photo shoot" with the washers and dryers??
i think if i had seen you doing that i would have thought you were some pervert lurking there waiting to take pics of girls lingere or something.

actually, your pictures are very nice and i'm sure you'll have fun using your new camera.

.....and did you put your hood up so we wouldn't see your new mullet hair cut???? SHAME ON YOU!!! i demand a retake!!

Old 05-10-2008, 11:18 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

my question is this......were the people in the laundromat giving your strange looks cuz you were having a "photo shoot" with the washers and dryers??
i think if i had seen you doing that i would have thought you were some pervert lurking there waiting to take pics of girls lingere or something.
luckily this laundry room was just in my dorm room and thankfully it was empty at the time.

On a side note, does anyone have a good post editing program? Because right now I'm using iPhoto to edit and it can do somethings but not a lot and I don't want ot spend a S***t ton cash on Adobe CS3 right now, so is there an inbetween?

Also, right now I'm shooting in JPEG, honestly have no idea what RAW is but everyone seems to like it better. so should I shoot in that instead?

like I said, I've only used P&S camera's my whole life so the new DSLR is taking a little learning curve to get used to. (but I feel so much cooler walking around doing artsy shots with a bigger DSLR instead of my Point and Shoot with no regular eyepiece.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Zombie Defense Force

you can only shoot in raw if you have a program that can read it. just shoot in the highest quality of jpeg and your good.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM
4th Gear

Ok, here is the deal with RAW and programs...

First the program... If I were you I would go out and buy Adobe LightRoom. That is one of the most amazing programs I have ever seen! It is designed entirely for photographers and you can edit all your settings you want with it and it's really easy to learn. Pretty much every picture I have ever posted on here has been slightly edited in Lightroom. If you want more information on it just let me know and I will go indepth with it. Oh and it manages all your pictures in a very nice library system. I hate the iPhoto library but Lightrooms is really nice and easy to manage. I am managing almost 2000 pictures that I have taken with mine and it's so easy to find what you are looking for. It's also REALLY REALLY fast. The program does not slow down at all. Which is amazing considering almost all my pictures are about 10mb a piece.

Here is a screenshot of Lightroom:

As for RAW, RAW is a format that when you take the picture you can put it on your computer and in a program that will allow you to edit RAW pictures, like Lightroom, you can go back and change ANYTHING you want about the picture W/OUT affecting the quality of the picture. Think of it as a complete reshoot of the picture w/out actually retaking the picture. You can go in and change exposure, fill light, blacks, saturation, tone curves, and SO much more. Once you shoot RAW you won't want to shoot anything else. Hope this helps!

Josh

Old 05-10-2008, 11:51 AM
1st Gear

nice photos
i like the picture with the red wheel n the rust
very niceee

Old 05-10-2008, 11:52 AM
6th Gear

^^^that helps a lot, and I know what you mean by the iphoto library, it's really annoying

Old 05-10-2008, 02:35 PM
SoCal Crew Member

your the man Josh

Old 05-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i need to find a crack for lightroom

Quick Reply: So, I'm getting back in the game and this time brought a bigger gun. (56k, you might kill yourself)