Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I have been watching the weather channel ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:08 AM
2nd Gear
Default So I have been watching the weather channel ...

you guys and gals down in that Texas "I'm gonna get my *** kicked by a hurricane" area, be careful and be safe. (yeah I'm buzzed, but reading old posts and few of ya are from that general area, so be careful)

Old 09-12-2008, 02:55 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Word. Stock up plenty of beer in your cellars so you're prepared. If you think you have enough, go buy more anyway. You really can't be too safe.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 AM

^ dont forget the patron and the condoms !!!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
SoCal Crew Member

****, Texas is starting to sound like my kind of party! Road trip anyone?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
2nd Gear

swing through NY and pick me up bro ... i got "party favors" foer the road

Old 09-12-2008, 12:18 PM
3rd Gear

So, water has been coming over the seawall in Galveston all day...that seawall is as high as 20 feet above the beach in some places and the storm is still like 12 hours away. I saw neighborhoods flooding because of the surge at noon yesterday. I'm not easily offended and I generally like tasteless jokes, but for whatever reason, I'm really turned off by thems jokes! Show some class fellas, there's no party here.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:25 PM
2nd Gear

sorry hun. be safe .... I started the thread out of good faith

Old 09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by sineo
So, water has been coming over the seawall in Galveston all day...that seawall is as high as 20 feet above the beach in some places and the storm is still like 12 hours away. I saw neighborhoods flooding because of the surge at noon yesterday. I'm not easily offended and I generally like tasteless jokes, but for whatever reason, I'm really turned off by thems jokes! Show some class fellas, there's no party here.
Are you staying in Houston? Sounds like Galveston just got a pretty serious warning from National Weather. Doesn't sound like people who stay have much chance...Be safe.

Last edited by railrunner; 09-12-2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: hit enter too soon/ bad typist
Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Unhappy

Originally Posted by sineo
I'm really turned off by thems jokes! Show some class fellas, there's no party here.
That was all my fault. Sorry. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit. I'd hate for anything bad to happen out there. My apologies.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:46 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by railrunner
Are you staying in Houston? Sounds like Galveston just got a pretty serious warning from National Weather. Doesn't sound like people who stay have much chance...Be safe.
We've had a handful of hurricane scares here in the last month and none really panned out (Edouard was supposed to nail Houston...it drizzled all day), so people didn't react the way that they needed to. There are a lot of people left on the island and along the coast...God (or whatevs) be with them. Houston itself should be okay...I'll be weathering the storm inside of the Club Quarters hotel in the middle of downtown Houston because the restaurant I work in is attached to it. I might rather be at home, but then I'd be alone and this building isn't going anywhere (but my house could...tornadoes FTL!). The only real risk for us here is shattering glass which is what happened during hurricane Alicia (1983). Anyway, we'll all be sleeping in the hallways.

New Orleans is still crippled...that will NEVER happen here because there is SO much money. There are over 50,000 millionaires in Houston and we all know how much money comes from oil and gas. If there is destruction, it will be repaired quickly. I just hope there isn't the loss of life like we saw in NOLA.

Last edited by sineo; 09-12-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply: So I have been watching the weather channel ...