Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I got my first speeding ticket . . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:30 PM
1st Gear
Default So I got my first speeding ticket . . .

I was doing 74 on a 45 on PCH at Malibu today and got slapped with a ticket. The ticket wrote by "Laser". This is my first violation. The officer said there won't be anything mailing to me and told me to just follow the direction on the back of the yellow slip.

So now, what do I do? Am I still eligible for traffic school?

Old 05-13-2007, 08:34 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: So I got my first speeding ticket . . .

Ouch man, that sucks....

I'm not sure what happens, I'm yet to get my first... *crosses fingers*

and lol @ 74 in a 45... I mean come on, thats obvious man... Most I do is 55 in a 45... but usually I force myself to cruise control at 50 if I'm alone.. otherwise traffic holds me back.. so meh[&:]

Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 PM
2nd Gear

Thank god, mabieyou'll think twice before driving like a jackass now.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

I take it you've never had the needfor speed...

Old 05-13-2007, 10:35 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

I take it you've never had the needfor speed...
I never had the need to take stupid risks. I don't know about you guys but if I get a ticket like thatmy insurance will skyrocket not to mention it's just not worth it. I mean the highway might be one thing but ******* around on 40-45 mph streets like that is just asking for it since that's generally where the local cops will be patrolling on.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Site Moderator

Sucks man. There should be something on the ticket about a court date. You can usually get the ticket knocked down just for showing up, but there's also the court fees. I went to court with my roommate because of his DWI (in NJ, not sure how it works in Cali). Everyone that showed got their ticket knocked down and only a couple people got points because of speeding.

Definately talk to someone about the ticket.

Be careful when you drive.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

yea man, always go to court, always argue it, or plea bargin to get it down. they usually will here where I live, it also depends on your age.

all u are sayin u dont have the need for speed, uh i have a confession: prom night as soon as I dropped my date off at her house, I went out to the country roads where there usually are no cops at day, but at 4:00 in the morning it is deserted, i knew there were no cops. now here was the need for speed: i did the 130 my car maxes out at, damn electronic speed limiter, just shuts the engine down till you drop below bout 126. that was damn fun, I cannot wait till next year and do it again, i wish i took my cell phone out to get a pic to prove how fast i was goin, but I was too focused on the blurry road.

Proud to have an Audi, even at 130, on a lower quality road, ride is still smooth.

Fun times

Old 05-14-2007, 01:02 AM
4th Gear

You probably have to call in some place to find out how much the ticket is and to schedule a court date if you want to fight it. I say take the defensive driving course and show up in court. You'll probably, no almost definitely, lose but just mention you took the course and the judge will drop the fine. Having just four points on your license is better than having six. Goodluck.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:48 AM
1st Gear

Im suprised no one has said it yet, but lawyer up man. it will probably cost roughly the same as your ticket anyways and you'll most likely just get it dropped and you wont have to worry about points on your license. yeah you did the crime but thank god for our legal system, there will be some loop hole a lawyer will find to get you out of it.

the above is spoken by a true jackass...............with a clean driving record

Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: NYankee

yea man, always go to court, always argue it, or plea bargin to get it down. they usually will here where I live, it also depends on your age.
Ditto, always go. The citing officer has to attend, if he doesn't the charge is dropped. Who knows you may get a date that he can't make. The odds in your favor are better than the state lottery for sure.
If not you will have inconvenienced him. So fight fire with fire, he inconvenienced you so do the same to him lol. Let him know that Audi ownersare "resolute" peeps so he might avoid citing one next time.

Quick Reply: So I got my first speeding ticket . . .