Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
snowboard
53.57%
skis
46.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Snowboard vs. Skis

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 09:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default Snowboard vs. Skis

which is harder?
which is more fun?
which has the best tricks?
which do you like more over all?

Old 02-24-2008, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Snowboard vs. Skis

just wanted to see how many snowboarders and skiers are here on AF and me and CAB were getting JPs thread a bit off topic

Old 02-24-2008, 10:17 PM

This should be a good e-fight, good thing it's in off topic. Personally I ski and think skiing is way way better. I tried snowboarding once and hated it. I think skiing is harder to get good at than snowboarding. They both have a lot of different and unique tricks that can't be done on the other and I think the skiing ones are more impressive. Skiing is also better for powder, tree skiing and big mountain.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
2nd Gear

snowboarding i far superior not to mock anyones honor

skiing is too civilized for me

haha

Old 02-24-2008, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

Skiing. IMO snowboarding is harder. trix are more creative on skis. Snowboarding was fun, but it got old after a while. Tree skiing in powder is one of the best feelings of all time!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:33 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: Lebe Frei

which is harder?
Skiing is harder to master, snowboarding is harder to initially learn
which is more fun?
Um, skiing
Skiing, but snowboarding does have some innovative tricks out there
SKIING FTMFW

I would also like to say that the biggest problem that I have with snowboarders is the majority I meat think they either are a) thugs and wanna beat everyone up, or b) amazing at every aspect of life and feel the need to try and call everyone else out on how bad they are, there are exceptions I have a lot of boarder friends that are really fun to ride with.

I also find it interesting seeing as I am a park oriented skier, because we get it from both sides, the old skiers think we are young hooligans who don't belong on the mountain because we go backwards down the runs and like to have fun, other uninformed skiers don't even now you can go in the park on skis, and then you get snowboarders who all the time make fun of you for being in the park with skis.

so I prefer skiing over snowboarding, but I will ride with a snowboarder any day of the week and will hang with cool skiers all the time, I'm just looking to have fun.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Lebe Frei

which is harder?
im not sure but i have heard snowboarding is harder when you first learning and skiing is harder to get really good at (although i had no trouble learning to snowboard)

which is more fun?
definitely snowboarding

i would say the most impressive tricks ive seen have been on snowboards... but i have seen some good ski tricks too

snowboarding of course
Cab im going to agree with you on everything you saidabout who youre riding with. there are some snowboarders and skiers who are really fun to ride with and there are also snowboarders and skiers who are annoying and think they own the whole place. im not out there to tell people theyre dumb for skiing in the park or anything like that i just want to have fun no matter whos there

Old 02-24-2008, 11:59 PM

skiing.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Zombie Defense Force

skiing ftmfw

Old 02-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

skiing. been doing it for many many years. i've never tried snow boarding and wouldn't at this point. you can be as easy or as aggressive as you want, but i guess that's true with snowboarding as well.

Quick Reply: Snowboard vs. Skis