Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 PM
1st Gear

I don't ever get snow because Kentucky sucks. Anyways, I always find it funny that Audi owners rejoice in snow and every other luxury car owner is scared of it. Yay for Quattro!

Old 12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by MountainDiva
snow is a foot deep...live 2.5 miles from pavement with two grueling (read: uber nasty) off camber turns...until the plow comes through later today i'm looking at the cutest audi bon-bon in the driveway.

guess i need to get brave and try it...dh is advising against it but the daredevil in me says to give it a go.
Do it. You'll kick yourself for not doing it. Just plow straight through that ****. My A4 handles everything I can throw at it on cheap Kumho all-seasons. These cars are a blast to drift and they're real easy to get into a slide and real easy to get out of a slide. If it's Quattro it'll go through.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by Superdug
Oh please oh please oh please let it snow. I need this, last night I took inventory and prepared my winter/snowboarding bag. Which includes two sets of water proof pants, one for work and one for riding. A pair of water proof boots for work 3 beanies some misellaneous snowboarding tools, 3 pair of socks (you can never have enough socks) and a few different jackets and such. I think I am good down to -20F. Plus like CLX said zobie attacks are less likely in the snow cause they freeze.
there is no such thing as too many socks

Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 AM
5th Gear

holy crap it just snowed some thick stuff. it's gonna pretty fun 2morrow hehehehe. more pix and probably vids will come

Old 12-17-2008, 01:03 AM
4th Gear

oh man god loves me!.. i picked up my car today at 4:30p. then it started to snow around 5:30p at 7 i went out with my friends and it was snowing hard.. met up with some oter people and there was about 2 inches on the ground. we went and did some fun drifting.. the snow may have only stuck for a few hours before it melted. but that was the most AWD fun ive ever had...
i would have taken videos but my iphone crapped out before i left and i lost the video recorder app. but i got a cool pic lol

Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Tominator3
Anyone have pics of Audis buried in the snow? That would be cool. Hey check out my blog I've been working on and tell me if it sucks... http://audi0-60.blogspot.com/
I'll post some this weekend...we are expecting about 6-12 inches on Thursday and I'm sure my Audi bon-bon will look amazing. What's weird is you can see the flashing red alarm light through the snow.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:40 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Rhino85
there is no such thing as too many socks
mine are wet...

Old 12-19-2008, 12:30 PM
4th Gear

well we got hit bad..

and... so did i

Old 12-19-2008, 12:41 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by Jc61990
well we got hit bad..

and... so did i

Oh snap! what happend bro?

Anyways, can't wait for that snow either, won't be gettin any in SD, but i can go to
Bear!! anyone else boarding in socal this season?

Old 12-19-2008, 12:46 PM
4th Gear

from dead stop made a left onto a side road to my house... i was going say 10 tops. car completely went sideways and my rear end tapped a small tree... i mean small tree... ripped off the rear bumper and broke the face off the tail light... the bumper and tail light are still in one piece.. but the bumper was to big to fit in my car so i left it on the side of the road.. ill have to get it later... thank god i have full coverage tho.... i hope this doesnt kill me. i just had to pay 800$ out of pocket for my transmission.

Quick Reply: snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!