Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sniff petrol classics... (lots of piccys warning)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 12:34 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Sniff petrol classics... (lots of piccys warning)

Is that Richard Porter? It's awesome, whover did it.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw "Jap" on this forum, I'd have a lot of nickels. Same goes for any phrase involving the words "but I could beat him in the twisties."

Old 11-07-2005, 05:14 AM
2nd Gear

wtf.... im confused by this thread

Old 11-07-2005, 05:36 AM
2nd Gear

Agree with Toff here.
I live in Australia & we have wide open roads, small roads, dirt roads, winding roads and just plain old roads too. I'm completely over the whole "Jap Bashing". Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Kia & Nissan offer a wide variety of cars at affordable prices for the average family/person. Not everybody likes luxury type cars (eg; ours) and not every body can afford to get european cars serviced and pay for the parts.

The build quality of the above mentioned is really quite good these days and pass all safety tests (otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to sell them). They are cheap to run, cheap to service and their parts are cheap too.

The american gas price is quite expensive at the moment (i've been following it) however with such a large country with so many different people and so many different tastes and so many different terrains there will always be the "big cars". It would be a shame to see them go.

Stop bashing Jap cars (unless it's a Hyundai) if you don't really not know what your talking about. Although, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:42 AM
2nd Gear

Lol yea Hyundai's are crappy....especially the accents...my friend hit a tree going at about 5 mph....totalled

The story behind that is...
It was a cold winter day...icy road...big curve downhill
He was going to drop me off at home after school and so he decided to to speed a lil then hit the brakes righ around the bend.
Mind you we were prolly doing only like 25 mph TOPs and then the car slid while slowing down and it took like 5 full seconds to finally hit the tree. I had time to look over at him and say something along the lines of "why you do that"

LoL funniest thing ever in a car..seriously.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

of course, but I think you'll find that the build quality of Toyota, Honda, Lexus, etc are up,
EXCEPT, of course, for their US plants... Where quality is on PAR with other American Crap-Mobiles

Old 11-07-2005, 11:43 PM
3rd Gear

Are you saying American manufactur is pants???

Old 11-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

Are you saying American manufactur is pants???
Ummm... YES!!! Yes, I am!!!

Actually, the REAL problem, IMHO, is teh compalceney of the American Auto Worker. Once you've been in the Union for a certain amount of years (I don't remember how many, my Sister told me once, as She's a member) it's almost next to impossible to get fired. Perform in a substandard manner and they relocate you to a different assembly line... Not a REAL incentive to excel, is there? Of course, the BIG 3.5 haven't exactly been helping their OWN cause, now have they? The cars they're putting out NOW would have been the shizzle about 15 years ago, when MOST of them were 1st dreamed UP!!! Amazingly BRILLIANT concept cars, but they all lack teh stones to actually PRODUCE any of them until waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after they're time...

Old 11-08-2005, 02:51 AM
5th Gear

The new Z06 is the best car out of America. I am in love with it. I couldn't stand to have a domestic car as a daily driver though... no sir.