Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
The Whole Nine Yards is the best hitman comedy ever.
9.09%
No, Grosse Point Blank is!
13.64%
What about The Matador?
4.55%
Hitman movies aren't supposed to be comedies.
0%
Leon could hit them all before his morning glass of milk.
22.73%
AWDaholic is really a hitman. I know, I saw him in Bogata.
9.09%
Or was it Ghana? Either way....
0%
SilverSeven should be elected "Shah of AudiForums".
9.09%
I don't understand this poll and request a recount.
18.18%
Ubiquitous "Soylent ______ " reference
13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Sleep-deprived ramblings......

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Intelligence-deprived ramblings......

Oh, it's ok, they can't tow me. That's one part of why I backed in all the time, since it's not really my parking spot. Now, until I talk to a security guard and ask if they were actually serious about me backing in, I've got the truck parked very close to the pole on the left side of my spot with the wheels turned to the right so if they tried to pull the truck out on a tow truck, the nose would swing right into the support pole for the covering. Then they'd have to fix not only my truck, but the whole covering thing too. And if they boot my truck, well let's just say the boot would be going on eBay.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Senior Administrator

Well, I dint to an exhaustive search, but, unless the HOA has it written into some set of state-approved bylaws, of which you've been made aware, they can't enforce ANY parking laws...
http://204.87.112.100/oar/codedoc02....rame=Main&Src=

Old 09-29-2006, 03:20 AM
4th Gear

Commercial complexes always have recorded CC&Rs that they can enforce on site. Everyone is given a copy of them. Nobody ever reads them.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:13 PM
2nd Gear

Carl Sagan - from "Pale Blue Dot"

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there - on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

"The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves."

Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

Carl Sagan - from "Pale Blue Dot"

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there - on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

"The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves."
Carl Sagan awesome!! I love that guy. have you read "conversation with carl sagan"?

Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 PM
2nd Gear

What the hell is up with television these days?

Cartoon Network is currently showing Men In Black, a film which is most decidedly NOT a cartoon. MTV hasn't shown music videos outside of the context of a half hour show like TRL for the last few years. History Channel had an episode of "Modern Marvels" the other day on the subject of fire. I'm pretty sure fire is about as unmodern as you can get when it comes to marvels. USA is just becoming the Law & Order Network, and as much as I like SVU (Mariska Hargitay is one hot momma), it would be nice to see something else every now and then. And BravoTV, don't get me started on them. It's a disease, this reality show junk. And the sad part is that I get hooked on it anyway. I saw one episode of Workout, and I started watching it because the trainers were pretty hot. But then Project Runway comes on, and as much as I tried to avoid it, I started watching it as well. It's not bad enough that I started watching it to see the cool clothes and some hot models, but after a while, I actually started giving a damn about what happened. And this Top Chef thing, I've seen it, and I just really don't get that one. What on earth good is a show about food, if you can't taste the food, can't smell the food, and they don't even show you how to make it, should something pique your interest? They even have a "Rate the Plate" thing on the Top Chef website. Evidently, you're supposed to LOOK at food on a plate, and judge how good it is. Am I the only one seeing a slight roadblock in this process?

Oh well, at least the election commercials are done with for now. I really wanted to shoot somebody for those, wouldn't even have to be somebody responsible or even in anyway related to the commercials, just somebody random. I couldn't believe with how all of the candidates were able to get away with completely misrepresenting every single issue that they talked about. That should be illegal, and i'm talking broad-based, going simply on the whims of the judge type illegal.

Damn it, now I'm hungry, I think I'll go watch this week's Top Chef marathon, that'll fill me right up....

Old 11-23-2006, 01:19 AM

Yeah, I don't really watch TV anymore. I have a few shows that can be fun to watch...Deadwood rules, but it's over now. I'm into Boston Leagal, who can't appreciate the "Shat" and James Spader is always feckin cool in my book....hmmm, maybe you should pick up more reading!? Try Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian....oh my god....the only book I've ever finished reading, paused, and then started reading from page one. (Granted mostly because I hadn't really understood what was going on till a third through the book in the first place, however, I am considering reading it again, so....)

While you're at it, you could go over to my post "Sponsored?" and give me some pointers and help oh Mod King.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:27 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SP4NK3R

While you're at it, you could go over to my post "Sponsored?" and give me some pointers and help oh Mod King.
You're right, I should be a moderator, huh?

Anyhoo, I read plenty as it is, but I read very fast, and the typical novel sized book only takes between 2-3 days. At that rate, if I read everyday, my monthly book budget would be greater than my stripper budget, and that just wouldn't be right.

Plus, I tend to have the TV going while working, the white noise background helps the concentration.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:06 PM
3rd Gear

I wonder how much real estate is on Antaras?