Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sleep Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:44 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Sleep Advice

I've had similar problems with sleep in the past. one of the first thing to do is to make sure your getting enough sex. Now take me seriosly here, really make sure that your "releasing" the stress from the days. Next is very important. Alow about 30 min. to an hour for this. You are going to take a bath right befor you go to bed. Now this is not just any bath. you need to start out with the water about as hot as you can stand it and soak or if you'd rather stand, then just let the shower beat on you. for at least 15-20 min. after that is the cool down prosess. cus if you just stop it like that you would be in bed for the next half hour sweeting, and that not fun. slowly, about every couple minutes, turn the water just a tad cooler than it was before, during this time you can actualy bath, ( IMO its better to do this close to the end after I'v stoped sweating ) ANd continue this prosess untile you almost literly cant stand the cold anymore. Now oviously if the water is getting down below around 75 or lower than you can stop there, cus that is actualy pretty cold on the skin, the idea is to take all the heat out of your body, so If you still feel warm, say in for alittle while longer. then finnishing your shower head off to bed. This worked very well for me, and I hope it works for you, I went throght highschool on about three hours of sleep a day, As you might guess, I didn't do to well.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:00 PM
1st Gear

I completely understand about lack of sleep. First I would find out if insomnia runs in your family. Second, you can take over the counter, OTC, medications like diphenhydramine (Found in tylenol PM and benedryl), but it has a tendency to dehydrate you due to too many amine groups in your liver, so drink plenty of water. Also, sleep tabs like doxylamine can do the same things and they are also OTC. If shutting your brain off is an issue, you may naturally only need 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night. If you need more than that, speak to your family doctor and ask about drugs like Lunesta, Ambien and a drug called amyltriptiline. I will caution you that if you try barbituates or pain pills, they may help, but you will build a tolerance, and tons of side effects will most certainly take place. Try to OTC, and then speak to your doctor.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:15 PM
3rd Gear

I went to the store and got some sleep aid medicine, so I'll see if that helps. I hate taking over the counter medicine but I have to do it. If I just got one or two nights of good sleep, I would be good. I'm going to drink a glass of wine too. That usually helps me out. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the advice!

Old 10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
1st Gear

Cary all of the above are good recommendations, especially a good AM workout. As flyboy mentioned, a nice hot shower with that cool down process is a very good suggestion. I believe if you try this + engage your girl in some serious power sex, you should be counting sheep shortly there after.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:14 PM
3rd Gear

Got it. I'm going to have some serious sex this evening, followed by a nice hot to cold shower, drink some wine and then eat a sleeping pill. I'm thinking this should all work out very well. I'm looking forward to the sleep.

LOL.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:53 AM
3rd Gear

Definitely try reading in bed, in the position you feel comfortable sleeping in. I get a car magazine, a technical one like Sport Compact Car or something, and start reading the article on suspension tech or swapping Honda engines and I can't keep my eyes open.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:55 AM
4th Gear

yeah or turn on the weather channel. that does it for me in like five.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:55 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: cary12

Got it. I'm going to have some serious sex this evening, followed by a nice hot to cold shower, drink some wine and then eat a sleeping pill. I'm thinking this should all work out very well. I'm looking forward to the sleep.

LOL.
Hell, I'm getting tired just reading about having to do all of that. [8D]

Old 11-01-2005, 03:30 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cary12

ORIGINAL: sadize

coming back to KC? its so gray here today.
i sleep very little most of the time, if i'm desperate for sleep i take two melatonin & glass of merlot and that usually helps. you can take melatonin every night because its natural and non-addictive or kava kava. you take them about 30 minutes before you try to lay down.

Yep, coming back to KC. I really don't enjoy Arizona and I miss the laid back atmosphere. I've lived in KC my whole life, except the past year. Better opportunity for work as well. Where are you at in KC? I usually drink a glass of wine and it helps a lot but I'll have to try a little extra boost. I should also try the ear plugs because I do hear every little sound. Drives me crazy.
grew up between dallas and olathe, ks if you can believe that. two completely different areas. right now i'm outside of kc in lee's summit, mo, but work in overland park, ks. one other thing you should try is one of those sound machines. mine plays rain and i have the fan on all winter because i can't sleep w/o some background noise. of course the sex idea is brilliant as well!

Old 11-01-2005, 04:16 AM
4th Gear

a good hour of power sex a day, and you shouldn't have any trouble sleeping. YOU CAN DOIT.

Quick Reply: Sleep Advice