Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

A simple solution to illegal immigration.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:59 PM
3rd Gear
Default A simple solution to illegal immigration.....

A simple solution to illegal immigration.....

This is a good solution in my opinion!

Bring all our troops home from Iraq to guard the border.

When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle, and some ammo and ship him to Iraq.

Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military.

Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.

After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country.

He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot.

This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway without the canteen, rifle, or ammo.

Problem solved!

Old 09-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Default RE: A simple solution to illegal immigration.....

yep +10 for that

Old 09-06-2006, 03:19 PM
2nd Gear

+8,439,552 ! ! !

Old 09-06-2006, 03:45 PM
4th Gear

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 09-06-2006, 04:33 PM
2nd Gear

funny idea but you fail to realize many non legal people serve in our military already.

On top of that you are conscripting an army. that means they have even less reason to give a flark about it. Remember the draft? the effects it had on the soldiers? I suggest you read tommy franks book for an indepth look of what conscription does to a fighting military.

Volunteer is far far better.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:41 PM
3rd Gear

oh i know.. but you can give them a choice.. you either join the military or leave... thats some what Volunteer... but i see your point.. I didnt fail to relize I just didnt consider it.. I know very well that a draft or even mandating people to join never works.. but if they want in so bad they should be willing to do what ever it takes. instead of just crossing our highly un garded borders to get in.. I also understand to a certain degree we need those illigas becasue they provide cheep labor that actually keeps the cost of certain things down for the rest of us.. I dont like the fact that they can just come in, but if the polititions really wanted to do something about it they would have years ago.. they dont do anything about it becasue its a whole political game..

Old 09-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Senior Administrator

Non-US-citizen-soldiers already get to become naturlized citizens at a foreshortened schedule. The current catch is that they hafta be here LEGALLY, in order to JOIN in teh first place...

Old 09-06-2006, 05:49 PM
3rd Gear

well maybe they should change that rule..

Old 09-06-2006, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

The base problems lie in the countries these immigrants come from. The U.S. could do alot to improve conditions there. Overthrowing foreign governments does bad things for approval ratings. But, companies building new factories there is a major step forward. Getting those people educated is the next step. Then hope they find a way to get rid of corrupt government and build a stable economy w/o us using our military.

Ever wonder how life can be so good in America but be shitty just a few miles away across a border? What about all those illegal Canadians jumping the border?

Granted I don't live in a border state so i don't know if these illegals are stealing jobs such as school teachers, McDonalds managers etc. But do they cause a major crime problem?

We could always fix the corruption problem with their government by just bombing the capitol and invading all the other cities. (plan B)

Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 PM
3rd Gear

well with helping them poses even more problems.. we have enough prolems within out out boundries.. we should put more focus on fixing what wrong here rather then spending money helping other countrys.

Quick Reply: A simple solution to illegal immigration.....