Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

sickening

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 03:02 AM
5th Gear
Default sickening

Depending on your music tastes, you may or may not know who LCD Soundsystem is.
If you do know who they are, you probably know that the band decided to call it quits as a 'semi-famous' band, so they can still enjoy a private life without being swamped by people everywhere they go.
They announced their final show at madison square garden for April 2nd.
I love this band, and the show is the day after my birthday and I was psyched to get a chance to see them live one more time.
then scalpers pretty much got all the tickets before they were available to the public, and you can see buy it now prices on ebay for what was originally a $50 ticket WITH A BUY IT NOW OF EIGHT HUNDRED ******* DOLLARS.

In an attempt to send a big **** you back to the scalpers, the band is going to play a bunch of shows right up to the big finale, and HOPEFULLY I won't miss out on a ticket (again).

Bands break up, or fall apart after someone dies, etc, and I usually say 'that sucks' and move on, but I'm actually a little depressed this time.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:09 AM
5th Gear

Old 02-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Administrator

I hate **** like that. Sorry to hear that man, I hop you can get tickets to one of the other shows

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Senior Administrator

There's a lesson in there, for you, somewhere... become a scalper: Earn BIG BUCK$!!!

Old 02-15-2011, 12:10 PM
5th Gear

I thought about it, but it would cut into my time pimping.

and as you know, pimpin aint easy.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Senior Administrator

^troo... troo...^

Old 02-15-2011, 03:21 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

with scalper prices like that I wonder how much it would cost to book the band to come to you?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:52 PM
5th Gear

They played in town last fall with Sleigh Bells (awesome show btw).

It was probably a crowd of 400 people, and I know that pretty much all bands always say [insert venue/city], you're a great crowd, and we loved playing for you.

But these guys spent a couple minutes talking about how much they loved Burlington, and how they bought a bunch of bicycles and just rode around town, and down by the lake, and how nice it was.

Pretty down to earth guys.

Problem with booking them is that... April 2nd is their last show. Ever.

Here's a little bit from the huge rant on their website talking about the deal with the scalpers.

but we’ve come up with the best solution i can think of, as quickly as possible so as to deflate the market for those scalping scumfucks.
we’re going to play 4 shows at terminal 5 in nyc leading up to the msg show, and they will include most if not all of the songs we play at msg. the farewell run-up to the last dance. it’ll be the 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st of march. obviously we’re going to look seriously at the way we sell these tickets. not “paperless, (i’ve been advised that the “paperless” thing is apparently now illegal in ny… seriously—don’t ask me) but there are some ideas floating around that could be just as effective (though it’ll take a minute to get folks in the door.)
we’ll announce the shows officially early in the week, and tickets will be on sale soon after. we’re announcing all the shows at once, and if they don’t sell out, i don’t care. i just want to give people who actually want to see us a chance to see us. for a reasonable ticket price. and i want to drop the price of the msg tickets being sold by piece of **** scalpers.
oh—and a small thing to scalpers: “it’s legal” is what people say when they don’t have ethics. the law is there to set the limit of what is punishable (aka where the state needs to intervene) but we are supposed to have ethics, and that should be the primary guiding force in our actions, you ******* ****.
and to everyone else: thank you. you rule. don’t let the shitbags win.
i feel like conan o’brien.
james

Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM
5th Gear

SUCCESS!!!

Tickets for the 4 additional LCD shows went on sale at 9 this morning. And I was ready and waiting. March 28th I'll be in NYC, rocking out, but not necessarily with my **** out, because I don't want to get thrown out....