Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shure Headphones???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Default Shure Headphones???

Alrighty. My roomate has had these insanely weird looking headphones for a while and I decided to look into them. The comapny name is Shure. The cheapest ones this company sells goes for 100$ and the most expensive are in the range of like 600$. And I know what your thinking... who the **** needs 100$ headphones/earbuds. I tried on my roomates and they were unfucking beleivable. I had this 40$ pair of a sony buds... went to bestbuy and bought the lowest quality Shures (which are by far the best sounding things that have ever touched my ears)... walked outside....opened it up, took them out, and put my old sonys right in the box. Went back into Bestbuy and returned them. So I know what your all thinking, this @sshole just compltely scammed them.... well just so you know, me and bestbuy dont exactly have the best history, so I have every intention of getting them back. On my computer my itunes volume is at maybe 1/2 and the computer settings are at about 1/4 and I can barely hear myself think, let alone my roomate screaming at me. I'm just trying to let anyone that wants a great pair of headphones to check these out. Completely random, but hey, what else is off-topic for, right?

Oh, and if anyone else has a personal preference on headphones/ earbuds, please chime in and let me and everyone know what your headbanging to.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Shure Headphones???

they do kick a**.in my case headbanging is the right term.nexttag has them at better prices,but 160 for the 4's on ebay. light as air,and much better than bose for noise cancelling.great off-topic.hands down the best earphones

Old 03-19-2006, 01:36 PM
4th Gear

I have some shure earbuds and they are fantastic. You just can't take giant headphones everywhere and these buds still give you great sound - including bass response. I would tell anyone to get them.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear

Senheiser or Bose - IMO

Old 03-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: KarlMarx

Senheiser or Bose - IMO
I agree - I use Sennheiser for our recording studio & the quality is great. also Sennheiser is outta Wennebostel, Germany.
you have to love that German engineering

but I have heard great things about the Bose w/ noice cancellation as well...

FezaA4 - dont worry, no Best Buy fans over this way either.. I love the store bec. of all the gear they have -
but I never speak to anyone - they are all completely clueless & rude. IMO

Old 03-19-2006, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

i cant beleive they sell 'em at best buy now,but they sell the senn's there also.check out shures site.their test and claim is first hand accurate.and the size and weight is incomparable.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Turbo i3uddha

ORIGINAL: KarlMarx

Senheiser or Bose - IMO
I agree - I use Sennheiser for our recording studio & the quality is great. also Sennheiser is outta Wennebostel, Germany.
you have to love that German engineering

but I have heard great things about the Bose w/ noice cancellation as well...

FezaA4 - dont worry, no Best Buy fans over this way either.. I love the store bec. of all the gear they have -
but I never speak to anyone - they are all completely clueless & rude. IMO

I've listened to most of the Bose headphones and I must admit, they are pretty good sounding, the only reason I wouldn't want them is b/c of how big they are. I personally don't like any headphones that go over the head (call me a girl, but if I'm out, my hair is gelled in one form or another). And as far as the Sennheiser goes, I haven't heard them, but my roomate just said there pretty good. But they also go along with the "over the top" design. I've been testing the limitations of buds and before the Shures, the Sony's weren't half bad, but the noise cancellation on these was exponentially better than the Sony's. I think I'm in love....

Old 03-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

yes the Senns I have are over the ear, this is to cancel out as much background as possible... for casual listening,
earbuds are a great option.
Shure is a great brand, more so known for their mics though. Glad you found something you liked..