Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Should we be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Administrator

^ I don't know about that though.

China = Communist
North Korea = Communist

Which side is China in?

Old 07-04-2009, 07:55 AM
5th Gear

haha don't worry China is not communist enough to side NK anymore. also there's no gains for China to side NK, siding with everybody else is a much better choice. if China sides with NK, all their years of work to Westernize after Mao's reign will have gone down the drain.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Administrator

I have to agree with you on that but at the same time I think China isn't 100% entering the globalization or trying to be "Westernized".

I mean they aren't even following any trademark rules. This is why we see those Chinese cars that are close if not exact replicas to the more popular cars by well-known car makers.

I'm not too sure if China is really siding with the US. For all we know, they're all combining forces and trying to take over the world with the communism.

I think it is safe to say that China is on their own.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:33 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by auditech79
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529814,00.html
What do you guys think? Is Kim Jong il really crazy enough to fire a weapon at us if he can?
Maybe even over the 4th of July?
Do you have something to fear? Yeah. There's lots out there to fear and Kim is just another looney in the bin.

Will he be stupid enough to actually launch a missile at the US? lol... one thing about loons like Kim - they like feeling significant in world events but secretly they are cowards and he knows if he launchs against us there will be a shitstorm so intense, so deep and so fast that he'll be lucky to see the end of the year - let alone the month - ask Saddam.

North Korea is nothing. And to be dead honest, I think there are some in his regime intelligent enough to maybe prevent that from happening - but who knows.

Now for the real fear.

Pakistan is teetering with the Taliban giving them hell. If Pakistan's ballastic missile arsenal falls into their hands then there will be trouble - serious trouble. India will most likely attack conventionally considering their on going issues with Pakistan over Kashmir. Iran will most likely get involved considering it's shared border with Pakistan. Russia and China my intervene as well - all to secure those nukes from being launched by the Taliban.

And if the Taliban succeeds in actually launching any of the missiles and gets a detonation, it will only escalate from there...

Old 07-04-2009, 08:03 PM
5th Gear

Idk about China siding with the US but this is a mutual beneficial matter to take care of NK

Old 07-04-2009, 09:22 PM

I would suggest this. With there crap that they pull and selling weapons to rogue nations, it's time to end it. We are pulled into it anyhow with around 29,000 troops in South Korea and around 50,000 in Japan. Surgical air strikes followed by a possible incursion for regime change. Oplan 5026. Kim is a nut and the South Koreans should also be worried about there damn chemical weapons that could wipe out thousands as well . The UN needs to step up but the last time I remember was ....... ..... Ironic Korea the first time and maybe if you would count Bosnia.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...oplan-5026.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...oplan-5027.htm
Oplan 5027 would be more severe and of course a little has changed with updated strike options and plans. Just some info to read and it sheds some depth into plans if actions present itself the **** hits the fan.
This however...Would not be like Iraq and this one I'm afraid would be far worse.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Palindari™
Now for the real fear.

Pakistan is teetering with the Taliban giving them hell. If Pakistan's ballastic missile arsenal falls into their hands then there will be trouble - serious trouble. India will most likely attack conventionally considering their on going issues with Pakistan over Kashmir. Iran will most likely get involved considering it's shared border with Pakistan. Russia and China my intervene as well - all to secure those nukes from being launched by the Taliban.

And if the Taliban succeeds in actually launching any of the missiles and gets a detonation, it will only escalate from there...
Thats a whole other story, and one to which im sure will get everyone into WWIII. Dare i say that world war would get us out of a bad economy......again...

Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 AM
3rd Gear

He's just Ronry... P.S. I'm in Japan, North Korea is not gettin any metal flying over the pacific without turning the peninsula into a new Hiroshima...

Old 07-05-2009, 09:59 AM

China isn't going to "side" w/ US or NK, but they definitely don't want to see us attacked, economy worsen, etc - afterall, they do hold 25% of our debt ($772 billion and rising).

As for NK, there was a guy on Daily Show the other night that had written what seemed to be a very interesting book. I think it was called "Escaping North Korea", but basically he is the organizer or a modern "underground railroad" - akin to the one here for transporting slaves. They get ppl out of NK, smuggle through China & into Thailand. From there they request sanctuary in SK which finalizes the trip. If they get caught along the way, China hands them back over to NK - which either tortures, imprisons, or kills them.

What I didn't realize is just how effed up NK truly is. He said math questions in schools are structured as "if a grenade kills two Americans and a bomb kills three Americans, how many Americans were killed?". The country is also starving. The gov't there encourages ppl to eat grass & tree bark to supplement their diets (even points out which bark/grasses are "safe"), yet Kim & his fellow top tier guys eat filet mignon and other expensive dishes. I've even heard / read online that sometimes they eat their own dead. Truly sad if so. Their history books contain such factual information such as "NK defeated Japan in WWII" and has no mention of the US having any involvement. Truly amazing the control a gov't can have over its people.

Last edited by gone postal; 07-05-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 PM
4th Gear

Like I mentioned before. someone is going to wake up over there and put an end to Kim. NK is jacked up and relies heavily on our "free" grain supplies to feed it's people. This is just more of the same to increase the amounts it receives.