Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
80.00%
No
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Should off topic posts count?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Default Should off topic posts count?

On Mustangforums the off topic posts dont count towards your post count. should they count here?

Old 04-11-2005, 09:51 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Should off topic posts count?

If this is because of post whoring to inflate someone's post count, then I understand your reasoning, but the numbers still won't be accurate.

I know you believe that off-topic posts can unnaturally inflate someone's post count, and that post whoring is rampant in the Off-Topic forum, but consider that there are many cases where an (off-topic) post is placed in another forum as well as that there are posts in the off-topic forum that could/should be posted in another more relevant forum. Then there are the grey area posts. Where should a thread be posted that questions whether quattro or 4matic is better? Someone might think it should go in General Tech; I think it should go in Off-Topic since we don't have a forum that could specifically handle a post like that. If that kind of thread is posted in an Off-Topic forum where posts "do not count", all the posts in that thread may be legitimate, contributory posts and they will go uncounted.

I guess what I'm saying is that the additional posts from post whoring is just a necessary evil we have to accept.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:07 PM

you make an excellent point. yes my concern was of the post whoreing

Old 04-11-2005, 10:49 PM
6th Gear

No one really post ****** in off topic here anyway. It's not a problem like on audiworld.

Old 04-11-2005, 11:14 PM
2nd Gear

DavidK, welcome back,

I'm assuming the Saleen in your sig is yours? Whats the scoop with that?

Old 04-11-2005, 11:28 PM
3rd Gear

Where've you been Fieldy? He's been back for several days now.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:13 AM
4th Gear

ahem, now Imola, if you have been paying any attention, there was a thread on Fieldys issues probably like 5 threads down. Eyes open next time newbie

joking dude, i love you

Old 04-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Administrator

welcome back Fieldy

Old 04-12-2005, 12:36 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

ahem, now Imola, if you have been paying any attention, there was a thread on Fieldys issues probably like 5 threads down. Eyes open next time newbie

joking dude, i love you
What's been Fieldy's issues?
I can't read EVERYTHING!

Old 04-12-2005, 01:17 AM

Yes fieldy im back. Yes the saleen is mine. you wanna hear the WHOLE story?

Ok well im in vail skiing with my wife and our families. I pick up a mustang trader on the way up there for something to read. anyways I find this 1999 saleen cobra convertable supercharged for $28,000. Now this cobra was 1 of 12 made. so i talked it over with my dad (whos a big chevy guy) and he said that he would purchase the car for me if i sold my Z and the A4 and would pay the rest of the car off in 2 years. so of course i agreed. so when i called the guy he had already sold the car for $25,000. yeah pretty damn cheap. that really pissed me off and yes i cried. i was sooo upset that i missed out on such a rare car. anyways my mom and RF (RF=wife) are looking on the computer at saleens. and came across this 1998 Saleen SA-15. now this car is ultra rare only ten built and steve saleen has one and one is in the ford museum somewhere. but in this listing there is no price. i shrugged it off thinking for sure it would be $40K+. so RF emails this guy with out me knowing and it turns out this car is located in new mexico. (kinda out of the way but not much) so i call the guy to go look at it. long story short we end up driving it home on sunday and i was forced to sell the Z on monday. and yes i cried when i gave up the keys on monday at 10 am. but now i own a peice of ford automotive history.

Quick Reply: Should off topic posts count?