Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Saleen Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 04:11 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Saleen Mustang

lol... 300hp V8 and you think it's bad?
styling... it's all personal opinion. fine. i can respect that. me (and most people) think this car looks amazing. being a ford fanatic... i love the car even more than the next guy. but seriouly... 300hp V8 that can be modded very easily and for a very low budget to 400+ hp... how can you possibly say this is a bad car?

but go ahead, follow the crowd

Old 05-07-2005, 05:17 AM
5th Gear

I think they styled the new mustang very very well... I have problems with it though... one being how disgustingly common it is -- but priced that low, and looking as good as it does... this will happen. I also hate how the GT's have such skinny tires... looks stupid IMO. It's a budget sport(y) car I guess... but that is a stupid thing to skimp on... 235/55/17's all around? those are way to skinny... I could see them up front, but the rear? Just a corner I dont think they should have even considered cutting. Give people 300 hp, and skimping on traction... tisk tisk. The GTO beats it performance wise, with its new 400 hp LS2, but the styling is dated (the holden monaro has been out for like 6 years), and the GTO is quite a bit more money. I'd take the GTO just to stand out a bit... but, the mustang is still a good car for the money... bigger/better wheels/tires can be had for a price (aftermarket though) -- it just bothers me that ford didn't do it themselves (or at least make it optional)

Old 05-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Administrator

i have noticed that the majority of mustang owners who have modded it even as far as putting different rims on it suddenly think they are the best thing in the world and they have the "if its not a mustang, its not a performance car" attitude..., and while some really are stout, i am not impressed by most. most of the cars at my track back home. run in the mid to low 13s...with some in the 14s....and some blown models running into the mid to low 12s and there is one in the 11, and one in the 10s...but for the most part, i find that the guys with the ones that really are fast are the guys who have the least to say...it is the guy with a 96 with a body kit, rims, and a windshield banner that says "steeda" or "Saleen", yet they only run 13s...who talks the most trash. i dont understand it.

Old 05-07-2005, 10:42 PM

Audi is in a totally different class. Mustang traditionally is a high schooler's mentality type of car. Audi is a refined German sports sedan. Cant really compare the two of them. IMO

Old 05-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Administrator

i wasnt comparing audi to mustangs...sorry if i came across like that.

Old 05-07-2005, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

Not refering to you mein fuhrer. I was just making a statement as a general proposition.

Old 05-08-2005, 04:41 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Panzer Kommander

ORIGINAL: Patrick

Not refering to you mein fuhrer. I was just making a statement as a general proposition.
*cough*asskiss*cough*

Old 05-08-2005, 05:38 AM
5th Gear

WOW, blatant ***-kissing panzy....try to at least make it less obvious....

Old 05-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Administrator

i dont warm up to **** kissers...

i actually thought that he was being insulting..

Old 05-08-2005, 06:54 PM

No inuslt intended dude. just playin.

Quick Reply: Saleen Mustang