Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sad Porsche in Snow

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:20 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Sad Porsche in Snow

ORIGINAL: apg96

Law, well technically it would be graduate school, The average out of law school is $125,000, i persoanlly know 3 1st year lawyers that just passed the bar making more than that.
Only if you graduate from a top-flite university.

I know so many good lawyers that can't even get jobs anymore. Law has one of the highest growth professional displacement rates over the past two/three years.

ps: I love the GT3!

Old 02-12-2006, 01:25 AM

Yea, i know, if i wanted to play it safe i would just follow in my dad's foot prints and become a accountant,a nd tehn move up from there.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:32 AM
4th Gear

Law, well technically it would be graduate school, The average out of law school is $125,000, i persoanlly know 3 1st year lawyers that just passed the bar making more than that.
That sounds a little high for the average, even in Cali. And a couple of other things - Those young dudes making the big bucks, they have no lives because they have to work all the time. And isn't $125,000 not all that much cash in the OC? It would be great in Tulsa, I guess, but you aren't going to get rich(or even be able to buy a home) in the OC making 125 or even 175. Maybe you should marry a rich chick instead.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:37 AM

Well of course marry the rich chick, but that is the average, and taht is a starting salary, and i wouldnt live in Orange County. I dont want my kids growing up with this many drug addcited kids, and this much money around. Its hard to learn the value of a dollar. I would prolly go down towards san diego. I dont know, But if i made partner im looking at around $800,000/ yr before bonuses. Not too shabby. If u want i can get the link of teh top ranking law schools (top 20) all which have an average of aroud 120,000.

http://www.ilrg.com/rankings/law/med...desc/MSPrivate

Old 02-12-2006, 01:47 AM
4th Gear

But if i made partner im looking at around $800,000/ yr before bonuses. Not too shabby.
You will be in your mid 30s before you have any shot at partner - at least in a situation where you would want to be a partner. These are the things that you find out along the way. You probably will change your mind about what you want to do around a million times while you are in college anyway. The attrition rate in the first year of law school is very high. It is hard to get there and some people find out they just can't hack it, don't like it, etc. And know that few romantic relationships survive contact with lawschool.

Anyway, stay open to other ideas, like running your own business - and if you have the talent, then you will be making more than most lawyers and probably having a better time doing it.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:24 AM

thats tru, but he was saying i would be able to afford to live in orange county, but by teh time i had kids i would be able to easily, was my point.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:57 AM
3rd Gear

If you suck at being a lawyer, it doesn't matter where you graduated from. My friend's uncle sucks, and he's poor.

Plus you will likely have to pay off student loans if you're going to college+graduate school.

Too many lawyers, anyway. Unless you're a specialty lawyer.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:48 PM

My dad has a enough money put aside for my schooling, taht i wont need to take student loans. Im sure there are some failures, i just dont plan on being one.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:03 PM
4th Gear

why leave it out in the snow? why drive it when u kno its going to snow?

Old 02-12-2006, 05:14 PM

b/c its a porsche, they are made so u can drive it in the snow, also it could be his only car, or maybe he didnt want to take the ferrari out of the garage.

Quick Reply: Sad Porsche in Snow