Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

S6 or CLS63

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:09 AM
3rd Gear
Default S6 or CLS63

Which one?

Old 08-03-2006, 04:40 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: S6 or CLS63

The CLS has got to be the most feminine looking car to roll of the production line since, well since ever maybe. The S6 looks like a squat, butch, brute of a car (somewhat, not as much as they used to).

The CLS is also N/A, meaning and mods to up the power are probably going to cost in the Brazillion range, maybe higher. If you want a Merc (in other words, a seriously over-priced car that understeers like a bowling ball and lets everyone in a 10 miles radius know just how old you're getting), get an E55. Better looks, slightly better handling (still gawd awful though), and a back seat that's actually useable for people over 4 feet tall (you didn't think that sweeping roofline of the CLS would come without drawbacks, did you?).

And I don't know what they're doing now, but Merc's traction control used to be the worst imaginable for performance driving. You gunned it at the light, and as soon as the wheels even slipped a bit, it just shut the car down for over a second. If you want to get rid of that and push the trac button, oh you silly boy, you didn't turn it off, you just turned it down a bit. Really want to turn it off? Ok, hold the button for 5 seconds. HAHA you tool, you still didn't turn it all the way off. We won't let you! (bastards)

Just get an E60 M5, you know you want to. Stop letting a silly prejudice keep you away from the car that (deep down) you know is better....

Old 08-03-2006, 04:42 AM
5th Gear

how bout an RS6?

Old 08-03-2006, 05:25 AM

I would say S6, i HATE the CLS, its ugly and stupid. haha i know very mature. The S6 is a nice car, well suited and my dad drive sthe new A6 and i think it handles nicley, teh only complaint i have is that the break pedal is very touchy for stop and go traffic (i live in so cal so we have a TON) and trying to come to a nice smooth stop. It goes from no stopping power to a whole lot of bit every quickly.

Personally i agree with SS though E60 M5. They just started showing up around here and wow do they look and sound amazing.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:09 PM
2nd Gear

Both cars are hot. Thats all I have to say.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:36 PM
4th Gear

CLSs are fugly. The new M5 does sound great and looks impressive, but I still like the S6 better overall. I am assuming that the S6 wil have a stiffer suspension than an A6 and obviously a great sounding V10. Wait a little longer and maybe there will be a new RS6 with just enough HP to give the finger to an M5.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:59 PM

F-you Quattro...it's like asking which super-model should I date...hmmmm? Decisions, decisions?[]

(and then, while you seeking which super-model to date, you're feckin the twins, porche and cayman)

How's your Porche, by the way? Isn't it time to trade it in on the next best thing?

Ok, yes, I know I'm ridin your *** now, but c'mon!

For my money, I'd get the 2002 Audi S6 Avant, with the third seat option. Then, I'd work with APR, they're coming out with a supercharger for the 4.2 liter V-8. Do up the suspension and brakes and THAT'S what I'd buy and what I plan on getting.

And, as much as I like the Cayman S, it needs way more power....If you ever think about selling it or trading it in, DON'T! Go and pay somebody to do a turbo kit for it!!!! NOW we're talkin a car I can appreciate.

While your at it, get yourself an Elise and put on a supercharger kit and make the car collection complete....

THIS is what I would do....and yes, I'm too prejudice to get the stupid Bimmer...F-the Bimmer and F-You SilverSeven.[8D]

Old 08-03-2006, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SP4NK3R

How's your Porche, by the way? Isn't it time to trade it in on the next best thing?
She's good thanks. Nah, I'm keeping this one. She's definitely a keeper. Just needs more power like you said. I was going to go down to Ruf in Dallas for a 3.8 engine swap but it was way too expensive for me. So I am either going the 9ff route (intake, ECU, full exhaust = 340hp) or going with a Milltek/GIAC/Evo combo for 350hp. Both are much cheaper options with 80% of the results. 350hp in this car would be ideal. I just need to make my freakin' indecisive mind up.

How's the S4 going? Is she still running strong?

Old 08-03-2006, 11:50 PM
2nd Gear

are we dreaming here, or is this a purchase you are considering??

Old 08-04-2006, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

How's the S4 going? Is she still running strong?
Well, and thanks, running very strong. I do really love the car, just needs AutoSpeeds 630hp/650trq upgrade with complimentary componants, suspension and brakes, and I'll be happy with it. I think I'd love a Cayman S better....can't you get a turbo upgrade for it? It's such an amazing car. Hmmm, car just dosn't do it justice does it....amazing piece of machinery and engineering with personality....that's better.

Thanks for the inquiry...hope all's well with you too.

Thanks for not taking the razzing the wrong way.