Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

s4 or tt

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:26 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: s4 or tt

id get an S4. love the car, love the power

Old 06-14-2006, 02:46 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Proven

ORIGINAL: 18T

stock vs stock.

you cant compare a tt vs an s4. its a different class car, luxury and performance wise. the s4 will be 10000 times more fun.

especially the b5 model. its so timeless and not to mention a v6 BT!
yes you can. which would do a faster track time? which would take a turn better? which handles better in the snow? which is quieter and smother on the highway. thats all i have been asking. it very easy to compair any cars with those questions.
Just buy a Camaro. If you can't see that there is moe to these two car than simple performance numbers, then you likely won't appreciate either car.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:51 AM
1st Gear

i didnt say there wasnt more to the two cars. then just performance. thats just what i asked input on.

wow this forum is really worthless.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 AM
5th Gear

Well the S4's awd is much better... the TT uses that damned Haldex system which isn't nearly as good... FWD bias, and I think it can only put 50% torque to the rears... Quattro is 50/50 (usually) and can transfer a full 100% to either axle, I believe.

How about you drive both... and then decide. You've clearly got no idea about what either car is built to do, or how they drive... but you're going to buy one or the other this weekend? I'm gonna be the first to call bullshit. Prove me wrong.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:28 AM
4th Gear

hum lets see, This is toughi. Duh, S4

Old 06-14-2006, 04:49 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

i didnt say there wasnt more to the two cars. then just performance. thats just what i asked input on.

holy crap -
he just insulted AF - didnt he read the thread about audiforums
being the greatest - a few posts up from this one?[:-]

that is pretty lame to ask what performance differences there are between 2 cars not even in the same class

oh By the way Im thinking of buying a miata or an RX8 - but not sure which has better performance of the 2...
[:@]

Old 06-14-2006, 05:40 AM
2nd Gear

Ask stupid questions, receive stupid answers.

But since you don't seem to get it.....

The performance of the two is close enough that on the street, you will never know the difference. That is why everyone is telling you to get the one that would be most useful in non-performance factors.

So like I said, get a Camaro, an Audi would be wasted on you.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

i have driven both. several times. i just wanted to hear other peoples experiences. its not really that hard of a thing to understand.

How about you drive both... and then decide. You've clearly got no idea about what either car is built to do, or how they drive... but you're going to buy one or the other this weekend? I'm gonna be the first to call bullshit. Prove me wrong.
that wont be hard. iv been saving for a while. planned on getting a s4 for a good year now. then started looking at TT's because i like them more. i just want to make sure im not missing anything between the two cars that someone who owns them and drives them every day could tell me.

The performance of the two is close enough that on the street, you will never know the difference. That is why everyone is telling you to get the one that would be most useful in non-performance factors.
this is the kind of answers im looking for. i can choose myself on which looks better..which i feel better in.. i have. if they truely are that close on the street. which i was thinking they are ( minus the extra hp from the s4) then i will probably get the tt. its 20k with 38k on the motor.. i can find an s4 with miles like that for that cheep so thats important to.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:48 PM
3rd Gear

I have driven both and I liked the S4 more then the TT, im a big guy and I just like a bigger car, i like the feel of the s4 becasue its not just a toy you drive when you feel like it, it can be a daily driver and you can fit more people in it as well. but its all up to you, its your personal opinion that counts not mine, if you want a small sports car buy the TT, it you want something a little more practicle and usefull buy the s4. If I had the money i would have gone with the s4, i was looking for one but came across my a4 and it was as steal so i bought it and put the left over money in the a4 and im happy but still lust after the s4.. my friends tt is rather biult and its a fun car but i wouldnt drive it every day.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 PM
3rd Gear

S4 - quicker, better handling, feels tighter, superior steering feel, more practical IMHO. Just my 2 cents.