Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rumsfeld FIRED

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:53 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Rumsfeld FIRED

ORIGINAL: Palindari
Some see the Iraq war as American colonization - seems like what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander...
That is a silly position. We don't want their $hithole sandpile or even their oil. If we really wanted it, then it would be ours and there would be nothing anyone could do about it. We are playing very nice and trying to set up what all Arabs seem incapable of doing - something besides a total dictatorship that is anti-Semitic and Islamo-crazy - aka Muslim *****. You can't just say "That's the way they are and we can't tell them what to do." If we weren't going to make them change, then why did we bother going there in the first place? If people are total f*ck-ups then it is ok to force them to change. We've done it before and the world is a better place for it. The Germans and Japanese were "the way they were" and we killed them until they stopped being that way. That is harsh, but it was a very good thing. How many net lives were saved over the past 6 decades as a result of our imposing our will upon them? Countless millions.

How many lives will be saved in the coming decades if the US says that Islamic terrorists never get to win $hit and all they get to do is die? I would argue that many lives will be spared as a result of that plan over some "We should leave because it's really their country and they should be allowed to act like total f*cking savages if they want to" strategy. That's no strategy at all. That's simply giving up on the millions of Iraqis that don't want to live in just another Muslim fanatic $hithole of a country run by losers that are robbing the people blind and killing innocents at will due to what tribe they come from or some other bs reason.

Why abandon those people to a bunch of Islamic terrorists? Because Democrats say that it is too hard? Because election exit polls show that war is unpopular? That's no way to win anything.

How many US soldiers died on D-Day? The press today would call it an unprecedented disaster. The Democrats would call for the dismissal of the Defense Sect and then start impeachment proceedings while calling the president "incompetent" every time a mic got within 10ft of them. Then it would be suggested that the US can't really win the war and so we should stop trying and get out. When did the Democrats and the press become so short sighted? I guess it was during Vietnam and they haven't gotten over all that dope they smoked yet. I wish Allah would give the Islamic terrorists the same attitude as US Democrats, so they would decide that "Oh, this is too hard. Look at this video footage of our guys being shot at. We should probably fold up our tents and just give up."

Maybe we could get John Kerry to run for president of Al Qaeda and that would immediately turn them into ***** quitters.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:53 PM
5th Gear

As for what can we do? Everything we can to protect our borders and contain the borders of countries that harbor or fuel such terrorist activities. Create crack teams to infiltrate and expose and in some cases, destroy such organizations where ever they hide with help of the UN - whether this will be a CIA or military endeavor is anyone's guess. This can be far more economical both in money and human resources to do than all out war.
i would feel much safer if we just got rid of them rather than just defending ourselves and letting them do as they please. no matter how strong a defense is there is ALWAYS a way around it. they will find a way and then they will just kill more people. so i say we kill them first.

Here's the ironic thing, mate - just last night I caught one of the national Christian networks advertising how they are linked into over 100 satelites to broadcast the gospel into every corner of the globe. How would you feel as a Christian to start seeing Islamic stations cropping up on your sets telling you that Jesus is just a false prophet and not the son of God? Because that's essentially what we are doing to them - right or wrong. Every Christian feels that the Holy Bible is gospel and will protect those beliefs (some to the death - look at those nuts that bomb abortion clinics) - why would those that follow the Koran be any different?
what would i do? easy, i would IGNORE them. i couldn't give two ***** about what they believe in or about what they thought about my religion. they can all go to hell and i wont lose a wink of sleep over it. every person in this world has the right to believe what they want and has a right to express their opinion. it is then your choice on whether or not you want to believe/listen to them.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

First of all, Iraq is the cradle of civilazation, it gave birth to the human race, and to sit there and call it a "$hithole sandpile" is not only ignorant, but I'm sure it would anger quite a few people. Being Iraqi myself, I know quite a few Iraqis (not even Arabs or Muslims, but Christian minorities, but it's not like any typical ignorant American knows there are Christians over there) that would most likely give you at least a severe beating for talking about thier country like that. You claim that we should kill people until they stop acting like how they were acting, giving your example of the Germans and Japanese. If that's your analogy, why not just leave Saddam Hussien in power? He was killing religious extremists and militants as much as George Bush is doing now, if not more.

Bottom line is, yes Saddam Hussien was a tyranical dictator, but he was exactly the kind of leader that kept these religious extremists in line. But he was hardly the kind of world wide threat that George Bush and the rest of his administration suckered the people of this country into believing. All this time we were supposed to go into Iran and we're busy fighting a war in the wrong country and doing nothing but making it worse than it already was.
ORIGINAL: pturbo

Some see the Iraq war as American colonization - seems like what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander...
That is a silly position. We don't want their $hithole sandpile or even their oil. If we really wanted it, then it would be ours and there would be nothing anyone could do about it. We are playing very nice and trying to set up what all Arabs seem incapable of doing - something besides a total dictatorship that is anti-Semitic and Islamo-crazy - aka Muslim *****. You can't just say "That's the way they are and we can't tell them what to do." If we weren't going to make them change, then why did we bother going there in the first place? If people are total f*ck-ups then it is ok to force them to change. We've done it before and the world is a better place for it. The Germans and Japanese were "the way they were" and we killed them until they stopped being that way. That is harsh, but it was a very good thing. How many net lives were saved over the past 6 decades as a result of our imposing our will upon them? Countless millions.

How many lives will be saved in the coming decades if the US says that Islamic terrorists never get to win $hit and all they get to do is die? I would argue that many lives will be spared as a result of that plan over some "We should leave because it's really their country and they should be allowed to act like total f*cking savages if they want to" strategy. That's no strategy at all. That's simply giving up on the millions of Iraqis that don't want to live in just another Muslim fanatic $hithole of a country run by losers that are robbing the people blind and killing innocents at will due to what tribe they come from or some other bs reason.

Why abandon those people to a bunch of Islamic terrorists? Because Democrats say that it is too hard? Because election exit polls show that war is unpopular? That's no way to win anything.

How many US soldiers died on D-Day? The press today would call it an unprecedented disaster. The Democrats would call for the dismissal of the Defense Sect and then start impeachment proceedings while calling the president "incompetent" every time a mic got within 10ft of them. Then it would be suggested that the US can't really win the war and so we should stop trying and get out. When did the Democrats and the press become so short sighted? I guess it was during Vietnam and they haven't gotten over all that dope they smoked yet. I wish Allah would give the Islamic terrorists the same attitude as US Democrats, so they would decide that "Oh, this is too hard. Look at this video footage of our guys being shot at. We should probably fold up our tents and just give up."

Maybe we could get John Kerry to run for president of Al Qaeda and that would immediately turn them into ***** quitters.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: IHATEAMG

First of all, Iraq is the cradle of civilazation, it gave birth to the human race, and to sit there and call it a "$hithole sandpile" is not only ignorant, but I'm sure it would anger quite a few people. Being Iraqi myself, I know quite a few Iraqis (not even Arabs or Muslims, but Christian minorities, but it's not like any typical ignorant American knows there are Christians over there) that would most likely give you at least a severe beating for talking about thier country like that. You claim that we should kill people until they stop acting like how they were acting, giving your example of the Germans and Japanese. If that's your analogy, why not just leave Saddam Hussien in power? He was killing religious extremists and militants as much as George Bush is doing now, if not more.

Bottom line is, yes Saddam Hussien was a tyranical dictator, but he was exactly the kind of leader that kept these religious extremists in line. But he was hardly the kind of world wide threat that George Bush and the rest of his administration suckered the people of this country into believing. All this time we were supposed to go into Iran and we're busy fighting a war in the wrong country and doing nothing but making it worse than it already was.
1st. try and prove iraq gave birth to the human race. you cant so u shoudn't make such claims.
2nd. it is a sh1thole sandpile. since your iraqi u should know this.
3rd. calling pturbo a typical ignorant american just shows how ignorant you actually are.
4th. he suggested killing the poeple who are a threat to us. not just a group of people just cause their beliefs are different from ours.
5th. ah *** it im not even gona bother, class is ending. peace out

Old 11-13-2006, 07:30 PM
4th Gear

First of all, Iraq is the cradle of civilazation, it gave birth to the human race,
Blah blah blah...and all of this amounts to what today? Arabs developed advanced math as well, but they can't even build a car today if their lives depended on it. This isn't the year 1340. Is what happened centuries ago being debated or are we talking aobut the here and now? If the cradle of civilization argument amounted to anything, then Iraqis would be far advanced over the rest of us. Guess what? They don't even have adequate water/sewer services, much less thriving industries that draw from a deep well of highly educated Iraqi civilians.

My comment about it being a "$hithole country" probably wasn't the best thing to say, but I was trying to make the point that Iraq is not some prize jewel that the US wants to hold on to. We want out ASAP. We don't want a colony. World events and concerns for our national security brought us there. If Iraqis would drop their tribal mindset and come out and 100% reject Islamic terrorists and flush them out into the streets, then they will have finally done the right thing and the US will then leave so fast you won't even see our dust.

If that's your analogy, why not just leave Saddam Hussien in power? He was killing religious extremists and militants as much as George Bush is doing now, if not more.
Is that all he was doing? Is anyone really missing Saddam? Come on. Get serious. Is your opinion so low of the Iraqi people that you think that they need to be ruled over by a brutal dictator until his death and the next one comes along? I think they deserve better than that.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

1st. try and prove iraq gave birth to the human race. you cant so u shoudn't make such claims.
2nd. it is a sh1thole sandpile. since your iraqi u should know this.
3rd. calling pturbo a typical ignorant american just shows how ignorant you actually are.
4th. he suggested killing the poeple who are a threat to us. not just a group of people just cause their beliefs are different from ours.
5th. ah *** it im not even gona bother, class is ending. peace out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertile_Crescent

http://killeenroos.com/1/mesodata.htm

http://www.h-net.org/~museum/iraq.html

http://hammorabi.blogspot.com/The%20...ilization.html

http://arabic-media.com/iraq_history.htm

http://coc.apolyton.net/ishtar/index.shtml

I wasn't disagreeing with anything he said. Saddam was killing the people who were trying to threaten him, which happen to be the same people that are threatening us. I think you should spend a litlle extra time in class.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
4th Gear

That is a silly position. We don't want their $hithole sandpile or even their oil. If we really wanted it, then it would be ours and there would be nothing anyone could do about it.
Funny, mate, that was Hitler's stance as well when concessions were not made. Just go take it if he wanted it. The "Might makes right." slogan is a fool's credo... history proves this time and again. And that sort of complete lack of respect proves that this is no longer a friendly exchange or debate...

We are playing very nice and trying to set up what all Arabs seem incapable of doing - something besides a total dictatorship that is anti-Semitic and Islamo-crazy - aka Muslim *****. You can't just say "That's the way they are and we can't tell them what to do." If we weren't going to make them change, then why did we bother going there in the first place? If people are total f*ck-ups then it is ok to force them to change. We've done it before and the world is a better place for it. The Germans and Japanese were "the way they were" and we killed them until they stopped being that way. That is harsh, but it was a very good thing. How many net lives were saved over the past 6 decades as a result of our imposing our will upon them? Countless millions.
As for not wanting the oil - I can list way too many resources - but Haliburton came into the country shortly after Baghdad was taken and got the oil running again well before even electricity and water was restored to most of the nation. Of course the oil was a factor (maybe not the main, but it was one) and to think otherwise is rather short sighted.

Perhaps you'll find more fuel to your argument here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_destiny

But enjoy your time on the freeways of America, mate - I'm off to the coast and the beach house

Old 11-13-2006, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

We are playing very nice and trying to set up what all Arabs seem incapable of doing
And not all arabs are muslims.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:31 PM
4th Gear

And not all arabs are muslims.
I don't think I ever said they were. The Arabs that are kings/princes/dictators(ie the people that control things) in the Middle East certainly are Muslims though.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:40 PM
4th Gear

Funny, mate, that was Hitler's stance as well when concessions were not made. Just go take it if he wanted it. The "Might makes right." slogan is a fool's credo... history proves this time and again.
WTF? No it wasn't. Hitler's stance was to take over countries and keep them. That is the opposite of what we are doing. I was merely pointing out that if we wanted to keep it we could. I'm not saying that "Might makes right". I'm saying that we aren't even trying to use our actual might.

And that sort of complete lack of respect proves that this is no longer a friendly exchange or debate...
Sorry you feel that way. You said that "some people" saw the US's presence in Iraq as colonialism. I didn't know that you were talking about yourself or I wouldn't have pointed out how silly that position was.

As for not wanting the oil - I can list way too many resources - but Haliburton came into the country shortly after Baghdad was taken and got the oil running again well before even electricity and water was restored to most of the nation.
Because if Iraq can SELL oil then it can help pay for its existence. God knows they aren't going to do it selling software. Getting the oil back up and running is crucial to the success of that country. It is not some evil agenda item. The Haliburton boogy-man amounts to a bunch of nothing.

Anyway, no hard feelings. I was just throwing my opinion out there.

Quick Reply: Rumsfeld FIRED