Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rumsfeld FIRED

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 07:26 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Rumsfeld FIRED

ORIGINAL: swift_A4

the guy bush wants to replace him with is Gates, he is a close friend of the family (to george sr.), the senate has to sign off on it and dems might be in control after recounts today. Successor will have to be sympathetic to both sides to get appointed.

Yeah but they don't actualy get there seats untile next year.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:33 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

ORIGINAL: flyboy

YOu do know that he steped down right.
In DC that's a bit of an unprovable technicality. Fired, resigned, stepped down, "want to spend more time with my family" - It's all the same thing. He serves at the pleasure of the Prez and Bush showed him the door. I doubt he woke up and said "I'll quit today." I don't think he is a quitter that suddenly assumes that others could do a better job than he can. That's what I'm thinking anyway. I could be wrong.
I think you're on the right track. I would think they had prior plans, depending on which way the vote went. Now that they have lost the House (and probably the Senate) the Prez had to throw the dems a bone. He has two years of a democrat majority to look forward to..
How'd you like to wake up next to Nancy Pelosi...[:'(]

Old 11-08-2006, 07:53 PM
3rd Gear

bye bye, next...

Old 11-08-2006, 08:02 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

How'd you like to wake up next to Nancy Pelosi...[:'(]
Dear God. Talk about chewing off your arm to get out of there without it waking up. [:'(]

I just hope the new guy isn't down with the "Let's redeploy to Okinawa" plan. If he is, then he better do it tomorrow and not drag the $hit out a single extra day. Then he can work on his speech to explain why it is a good idea to let Islamic terrorists win. That could be a hard sell.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

Well since the terrorist aren't actually fighting the U.S. army what the government does with it really dosen't matter.

Don't we want them to think they've won? If they think they have won then what reason do they have to blow stuff up?

Old 11-09-2006, 03:57 AM
18T
4th Gear

they blow stuff up because they have their own agenda. USofA is just part of that agenda.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:53 AM
1st Gear

In positions like his you are descretly asked to step down or be fired...save face...step down. Senior military combantant commanders have not supported him for years.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:57 AM
1st Gear

I agree, he didn't get his position by "spending time with the family" he got his position by studying hard, working hard, exceptional performance, and a little luck. People like that don't quit...besides, the alienation of the family over career cannot be recovered when the kids are out of the house.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:07 AM
1st Gear

This is the general topic forum...we can talk about Mary Ann vs Ginger, watch videos of accidents and fights, but not topics that influence the greatest country in the world? No matter where you stand with your beliefs the undenyable truth is that there are men and women who are fighting or will fight for your right to openly disagree. I love to hear intelligent debates about our goverment, our Nation, and any other open topic because I have been to countries where such discussion is supressed.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:07 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Chingy
Well since the terrorist aren't actually fighting the U.S. army what the government does with it really dosen't matter.
Don't we want them to think they've won? If they think they have won then what reason do they have to blow stuff up?
They just blow up stuff and kill each other coz thats how they were bought up, and thats the only way they understand!

Quick Reply: Rumsfeld FIRED