Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rumsfeld FIRED

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rumsfeld FIRED

ORIGINAL: pturbo

ORIGINAL: IHATEAMG

And not all arabs are muslims.
I don't think I ever said they were. The Arabs that are kings/princes/dictators(ie the people that control things) in the Middle East certainly are Muslims though.
True, but the tyrants that run Iran, Pakistan and formally Afghanistan were not Arabs, but muslims.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:30 PM
4th Gear

I don't think I ever said they were. The Arabs that are kings/princes/dictators(ie the people that control things) in the Middle East certainly are Muslims though.
True, but the tyrants that run Iran, Pakistan and formally Afghanistan were not Arabs, but muslims.
Right. I don't have any problems with anyone because they are Arab and/or Muslim or any other race or religion. My problem is with the dictators, terrorists, mullahs, etc that continue to oppress millions and export violence to other countries around the world. The fact that the greatest threat to my country and liberal democracy in general comes from Islamic fanatics, regardless of which country they come from or what race they are. I don't want a Persian flying planes into buildings any more than I want a Saudi doing it. If Dutch Baptists were hi-jacking planes, then I would be pissed at them too.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

Right. I don't have any problems with anyone because they are Arab and/or Muslim or any other race or religion. My problem is with the dictators, terrorists, mullahs, etc that continue to oppress millions and export violence to other countries around the world. The fact that the greatest threat to my country and liberal democracy in general comes from Islamic fanatics, regardless of which country they come from or what race they are. I don't want a Persian flying planes into buildings any more than I want a Saudi doing it. If Dutch Baptists were hi-jacking planes, then I would be pissed at them too.
Sounds good. Just didn't want it to be put as a blanket statement because at first you did say arabs not specifically muslims. (this coming from someone who isn't an arab so I'm not trying to be bias here.)

Old 11-13-2006, 10:30 PM
4th Gear

Damn g/f is still getting ready... lol... but she's worth it

No hard feelings, mate, but when one says basically "If we want we can take it." all is lost. One of the most difficult lessons to teach any military man is diplomacy. When you carry a gun it is easy to ignore the feelings and concerns of others around you - not that one should always do so, but you will find that when calmer heads prevail not all is lost. But to do so makes you a better soldier and less the killing machine locals will perceive you to be.

Fervor, whether religious or political, is a hard thing to argue against. Reason is that last thing they will swallow.

Hey! She's ready! Gotta run...

Old 11-14-2006, 04:56 PM
18T
4th Gear

by the way my comment was not aimed towards anyone in specific, but towards liberals in general.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

I know, I know...thought it was over..[:@] But, just for a brain exercise, read this and tell us how far fetched it really is..
http://www.therant.us/staff/kraft/10242006.htm
scary sh*t..

Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Site Moderator

Woah.... I have a feeling this thread will be never ending. What have I created??!! I think 95% of the posts in this thread bring up valid points. I see so many points from every point of view to generate my own solid oppinion, which has been one of the major frustrations of my life for the past 5 years. Keep talking.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:31 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

by the way my comment was not aimed towards anyone in specific, but towards liberals in general.
A wise man once said......

"If you're under 30 and you're not a Democrat, then you have no heart. If you're OVER 30 and not a Republican, then you have no brain"

I turn 31 in Jan. and if I were to meet this very wise man, I would say to him, "Wallow for 8 years under Dubya and let's see if you feel the same way"

I'm moving TOWARDS Liberalism these days to move AWAY from the lying, corruption, bible-beating, stubborn, hypocrisy that has lead our country for the last 6+ years.
If I glance over my shoulder, I see that the rest of the country is following suit.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:41 PM
4th Gear

Not liking Dubya is one thing. Politicians come and go. No big deal.

Not understanding the threat posed by Islamic terrorists is quite another. You think they aren't going to be interested in killing infidels anymore after Bush is gone or if the US left Iraq?

Old 11-16-2006, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

Not liking Dubya is one thing. Politicians come and go. No big deal.

Not understanding the threat posed by Islamic terrorists is quite another. You think they aren't going to be interested in killing infidels anymore after Bush is gone or if the US left Iraq?

Case in point. Did you read this?
http://www.therant.us/staff/kraft/10242006.htm

How 'extreme' do you think that story really is?

Quick Reply: Rumsfeld FIRED