Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rossi get ferrari drive...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 01:32 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Rossi get ferrari drive...

[quote]ORIGINAL: apg96

ORIGINAL: pturbo

The point of the cayenne is for ppl that want a porsche but its not resonable for them to buy one. I guess taht u havent driven one. They are amazing, best SUV i have ever driven. Now i drove teh S not the turbo, so i cant even imagine that. The great thing is how amazing it is on road and then that its even better off road. And yes im waiting for a Porsche sedan.
I driven a cayenne and I've driven a BMW X5 4.8is. Both have some power and less body roll than a Tahoe. That's good, I guess. As for the cayenne offroad? If you mean when a soccer mom drives over a curb in the Ralph's parking lot, then I guess it is handling things ok. Not too many people are doing hard core 4-wheeling in their cayenne....or their tourag...or their volvo...or their audi...or their bmw SUVs. Would you want to go get dings in your $70K SUV? Think of all the H2s that have never even been in the grass, but they look pimpin'.

I'm sure that the sedan will be nice. I'm just not ready for 4doors on a Porsche. I guess I'll have to get used to it. I'll tell you right now that you will get burned if you buy one and try to resell it. Talk about losing $25K as you drive off the lot.....

Old 10-09-2005, 03:37 PM
3rd Gear

I like the Cayenne S but I wouldn't buy one. The interiors are pretty cool though and it drives great for an SUV.

I drove the new RR Sport yesterday for the first time. Great looking. Nice interior but cheap materials for a 65K vehicle. Interior is very tight. Fits four, five in a tight squeeze. Decent cargo room. Drives firm and corners pretty well with little body roll. Ride is pretty harsh in the lowest suspension setting. Rear ride quality is firm and you can feel slight road vibration. The 300hp is sluggish due to its 6000lb bulk. Brakes work pretty well with little slush. Turning circle greatly improved. Sounds great. Lots of standard features. Same platform as the LR3. Still feels very heavy.

Overall = Good. Not worth 65K though and I wouldn't purchase one (and I'm a huge LR fan). I'm still waiting to see the Q7.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:00 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

Overall = Good. Not worth 65K though and I wouldn't purchase one (and I'm a huge LR fan). I'm still waiting to see the Q7.
Yeah. They are all pretty cool, but like you said - not worth that type of coin. I want to check out the Q7 too, but I'm not really in the market for anything more than a sedan right now.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:30 PM

Thats true about a suv seeing off road. I mean my dad has the new range rover and gets so mad when i even talk about off roading it but we r gonna take aonw of land rovers off road in a few months on their little trip. Then i dont have to worry about being killed for dinging the car.

I saw the Cayenne off road on Top Gear (turbo) and on C&D TV (the S) and they seemed to do very well.,

Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

I saw the Cayenne off road on Top Gear (turbo) and on C&D TV (the S) and they seemed to do very well.,
Sure. Those were loaners. To be sure, there is a Porsche "Offroad" School now and probably a (small) club of guys that actually drive their Cayennes offroad and take whatever comes. The majority of owners will just never do it. Just like the majority of 911 owners won't track their cars. Porsche offers schools for both with loaner cars for a reason. Sounds like a great way to blow $6K to me though!

Old 10-10-2005, 12:42 AM

yea, thats why im doing the Land River thing too. They give u loaners. u scratch the paint, oo well.