Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ron Paul?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:10 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Ron Paul?

ORIGINAL: aap

ORIGINAL: MrFlippant

An individual is smart; people are stupid. Be an individual - don't vote.
The *only* way a democracy can work is by participation. That means voting. If you don't vote, then you are letting them win. Of course politiciansare liars. Duh. The real question is can they produce desirable results with their "talent"? After all, being tactless and pissing off the rest of the world doesn't quite cut it. Furthermore, knowing when to suck up to people who disgust you and when not to, to get results is important.

I say be an intelligent, informed and responsible individual. Quit whining and pulingabout what is wrong, become informed, vote smart and let democracy flourish. It really does work.
I say it's not democracy. It's a goddamn republic. Whole different animal, and one vote from a person won't make two sh*ts of a difference.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:54 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: CLX

I say it's not democracy. It's a goddamn republic. Whole different animal, and one vote from a person won't make two sh*ts of a difference.

Exactly.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

1) Nope, it was your retarded behavior that bothered me. I try to fix mankind, one nimrod at a time.
Are you gonna share your medication with me? Is that what you mean??

Old 12-24-2007, 08:57 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: aap

ORIGINAL: Munzter

Just curious to see what people on AF browsing the off topic section think of Ron Paul.
Since you asked... His ideas sound good on the surface, but when you look at the logical implications, you've got a recipe for disaster. If Republicans are looking for change, they should take a goodlook at Mitt Romney
Jerica
I stopped reading after you seem to be suggesting Romney would be a good choice..

Ron Paul is amazing. He actually believes that the UN 'tricked' the United States into going to war in Iraq.
Can you provide proof, sources, anything credible? I find that interesting.

Also, I will most likely be voting for Ron Paul, he's refreshing and honestly believes in something and sticks to it unlike most candidates. He understand how this country has been bought by fear, and is trying to restore our rights that are being eroded on a normal basis by the current administration as well as liberty stripped from us by previous administrations. And very importantly, he has the best foreign policy out of all the candidates I am aware of... which is simply, stay away from ally entanglements and trade with all.

He may seem to have some far fetched ideas (most of which I agree with), but let us not forget about Congress.

His chances of winning the primary are slim, but if thats a reason not to vote for someone, you've got it all wrong. Vote for who you think best and honestly represents you, not who is popular. Even if Ron Paul loses, a large vote percentage will (already has) change the political atmosphere. Just the momentum he has created before the primaries has taken votes away from both neo conservatives and democrats and creates even more room for a third party or independent run. Not just that alone, but a large voter turn out for Ron Paul will also spread his message even after the primaries and could impact the 2012 election.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

1) Nope, it was your retarded behavior that bothered me. I try to fix mankind, one nimrod at a time.
Are you gonna share your medication with me? Is that what you mean??
Well... Uhhh... YEah, actually, that is what I meant. Why, you don't like Flintstones chewables?!?!?

Old 12-26-2007, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

Wow, I'm surprised with the responses! Keepthem coming. Remember this post is about what everyone thinks of Ron Paul, not Romney, Clinton, Giuliani, or Obama.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:11 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: tdn

Ron Paul is amazing. He actually believes that the UN 'tricked' the United States into going to war in Iraq.
Can you provide proof, sources, anything credible? I find that interesting.

On his own web page http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/wa...oreign-policy/ The fourth paragraph under "War and Foreign Policy"