Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ron Paul?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:06 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ron Paul?

Yawn... I didn't knew Osama meant so much to you, that you will write a story...

How about Dick Cheney for 2008?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Swaynest

Nice Hirohito name drop but I find it hard to believe many people in this forum would know the extent of his atrocities. (ps how do you really feel?)
Maybe it will inspire a few peeps to visit wiki or google, and find out what Hirohito was all about. I just don't think name-calling is a viable political tool. Oh, TOOL's USE it, but it, in and of itself isn't an appropriate political tool, IMHO.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:45 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sweeds4

who??
Bush for 3rd term!
i really hope you're joking.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:59 AM
2nd Gear

im pro ron paul hes been doing well, not as well as others but he is getting up theyre

Old 12-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

Yawn... I didn't knew Osama meant so much to you, that you will write a story...

How about Dick Cheney for 2008?
1) Nope, it was your retarded behavior that bothered me. I try to fix mankind, one nimrod at a time.

2) Only if he picks Rodney King as his running mate!

Old 12-23-2007, 12:03 PM
aap
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Munzter

Just curious to see what people on AF browsing the off topic section think of Ron Paul.
Since you asked... His ideas sound good on the surface, but when you look at the logical implications, you've got a recipe for disaster. If Republicans are looking for change, they should take a goodlook at Mitt Romney or that other fella from Hope, AR, Mike Huckabee. They have both been Governors who fair much better in general elections than Congress people, especially Senators which means that they would have an edge over whomever the likely Dem nominee will be.

That being said, as a Leftist Liberal Libertarian, I will be supporting the Dem nominee, whomever that is.

Jerica

Old 12-23-2007, 12:16 PM
aap
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I just don't think name-calling is a viable political tool. Oh, TOOL's USE it, but it, in and of itself isn't an appropriate political tool, IMHO.
Actually, it works well to scare off potential voters, especially swing voters. They disgust people out of voting, which leaves the base. Then, having already developed proposals at state and local levels, they entice the base to vote. So usually, all of that name-calling serves other premeditated agendas, especially for the Republicans. This was the strategy in 2004 and it paid off for them.

Jerica

Old 12-23-2007, 12:27 PM
4th Gear

I think you guys are missing the most important fact of all - each and every last one of them is a POLITICIAN, which means that each and every last one of them is EXACTLY THE SAME, and has no one's interests at heart but their own. It doesn't matter who wins the election - in the end, no one wins. The people who want to be in power, who get off on being in charge, will always have power and be in charge and figure it makes them special - we call these soulless scumbags "politicians". Politicians always have and always will say exactly anything and everything they think they need to say in order to convince the greatest amount of voters to support them. People will always assume that they have a say in the matter, that their will is the driving force behind governance, the true source of power; and it is - but not in the way they think. The will of the people is simply the mindless, unthinking will of a mob, which can be shaped and molded like clay in the hands of a sculptor by a politician, whose carefully crafted messages are intended to stir passions and guide the thoughts of voters in whatever direction is most expedient for that politician's agenda.

An individual is smart; people are stupid. Be an individual - don't vote.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:38 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Ron Paul is amazing. He actually believes that the UN 'tricked' the United States into going to war in Iraq.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:00 PM
aap
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: MrFlippant

An individual is smart; people are stupid. Be an individual - don't vote.
The *only* way a democracy can work is by participation. That means voting. If you don't vote, then you are letting them win. Of course politiciansare liars. Duh. The real question is can they produce desirable results with their "talent"? After all, being tactless and pissing off the rest of the world doesn't quite cut it. Furthermore, knowing when to suck up to people who disgust you and when not to, to get results is important.

I say be an intelligent, informed and responsible individual. Quit whining and pulingabout what is wrong, become informed, vote smart and let democracy flourish. It really does work.

Quick Reply: Ron Paul?