Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Right Car for the Right Dog...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:28 PM

Thanks SuperDug! You and the chick sound ok!

Others: Yes, the dog goes in the car! I wouldn't want the inside of the car to get torn up either, that's why I went to www.caninecovers.com - got a custom fit cover that I put on the seat before he gets in the car. It's tear proof and super tough. Only takes only a few moments to put into the car... (by the way, caninecovers is not the only company that makes those things).

As I see it, I agreed with the humility comment because being humble is the opposite of being pretentious. Ok, so the car may have a slight cloud of pretentious to it depending on who you are, but I'm fairly down to earth and don't mind having him in the car. If he damages the car, then it's the risk I agree to take ... and will probably just fix any problems as they may come up. It's not too nice of a car for him to be in. But in all honesty, I didn't plan to buy a black and tan German car to match the dog. It wasn't until a friend of mine pointed that out to me ;-) Anywho, I still get a kick out of telling people it's a black and tan German car for a black and tan German dog!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
6th Gear

nice, I love German Shepherds, I'm gonna get one for my next dog for sure and I'm gonna only talk to him in German.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
5th Gear

My Jack Russel Terrier gets to ride along every now and then. He's pretty disciplined in my car - I put a towel down over the passenger seat, open the door, and he jumps in and lays down. He'll barely even move until he starts to realize where we're at (about the only time he's in my car is when I take him to my grandparents' house because no one is going to be home all weekend). It's quite a different story when he's in my mom's Cadillac, though.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
5th Gear

German Shepard + German car = WIN

Thats awesome, and quite amusing that your dog acts like he(?) does in the car.

Mom has a Shepard/Rott/Redbone Coon Hound mix that's dumb as hell. She'd probably ride in anything and not care. She smashes her head into the side of the dining room table on an almost daily basis and doesn't care. Yeah. She's dumb.
Also thinks she's a lap dog. A 90 lb lap dog....

Old 09-08-2008, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by GSD_Transporter
Thanks SuperDug! You and the chick sound ok!

Others: Yes, the dog goes in the car! I wouldn't want the inside of the car to get torn up either, that's why I went to www.caninecovers.com - got a custom fit cover that I put on the seat before he gets in the car. It's tear proof and super tough. Only takes only a few moments to put into the car... (by the way, caninecovers is not the only company that makes those things).

As I see it, I agreed with the humility comment because being humble is the opposite of being pretentious. Ok, so the car may have a slight cloud of pretentious to it depending on who you are, but I'm fairly down to earth and don't mind having him in the car. If he damages the car, then it's the risk I agree to take ... and will probably just fix any problems as they may come up. It's not too nice of a car for him to be in. But in all honesty, I didn't plan to buy a black and tan German car to match the dog. It wasn't until a friend of mine pointed that out to me ;-) Anywho, I still get a kick out of telling people it's a black and tan German car for a black and tan German dog!
I understand life......Your choice is your choice, its not mine. I have no control over people, places, or things, nor do I want to control them and if you want your dog in your car thats your choice, not trying to change your mind, Just dont know where the whole humility subject came out of this, thats all ???

Last edited by GHETTOxWHITExBOY; 09-08-2008 at 11:16 PM.