Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riddle me THIS, Batman...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:47 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Riddle me THIS, Batman...

Oddly enough, my nuts decrease in volume when submersed in water

Old 01-24-2006, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I could have sworn that I posted something on this thread last night. Did it get deleted? Maybe it wasn't a riddle in the classic sense.
yeah someone deleted it, although i can still see it
I wouldn't have deleted it, it was still a riddle, just with a little more twist than people would expect, you blew their minds man!

Old 01-24-2006, 06:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

If the nuts are in the bathtub, then it is the weight that determines how much water that is displaced. If the nuts are in the water, then it is a matter of 'density' of the material. As metal is more dense that water then for any given weight there is less volume. As such, the volume of the water decreases when the nuts are in the water...

The water level would fall.
until that is oxidisation of the metal nuts and bolts takes place in which case when they dissolve into the water does the level stay the same or what ?
Too many variables. typed it into computer
Weight is irrelevant
Density is irrelevant
My computr is overloading
[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 01-24-2006, 07:46 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Firestarter1984

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I could have sworn that I posted something on this thread last night. Did it get deleted? Maybe it wasn't a riddle in the classic sense.
yeah someone deleted it, although i can still see it
I wouldn't have deleted it, it was still a riddle, just with a little more twist than people would expect, you blew their minds man!
I thought it was a damn good question! I'll find some nice B7 owner to explain it to me - or maybe no one is putting aftermarket stereos in their new cars.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:39 PM
2nd Gear

pturbo your post is back up there. That's funny that you put it in this section ahaha it made me laugh

the answer is you dont. It looks so good as it is, putting something aftermarket in that interior would take away every sensibilty of precision and cleaness it has. It would ook terrible. Replacing speaers and adding subwoofers/etc is fine, but why would you want to change the interface thingy?

Old 01-24-2006, 10:21 PM
2nd Gear

You are trapped in a room with 2 doors - one leads to hell and eternal damnation and the other leads to lots of virgins. In the room there are 2 computers in which you are only allowed to ask 1 question (total - not 1 to each computer). Now, the computers know which door leads where but the catch is that one of the computers always tells the truth and the other one always lies. What question do you ask?

Old 01-24-2006, 11:25 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

there is no earth in a hole
I agree

Old 01-24-2006, 11:46 PM

im a gambling man, ill flip a coin to decide which computer tells the truth and then ask that computer where the ***** is and hope it didn't lie

Old 01-25-2006, 12:16 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: ckandes1

pturbo your post is back up there. That's funny that you put it in this section ahaha it made me laugh

the answer is you dont. It looks so good as it is, putting something aftermarket in that interior would take away every sensibilty of precision and cleaness it has. It would ook terrible. Replacing speaers and adding subwoofers/etc is fine, but why would you want to change the interface thingy?
I figured that was the answer and I'm cool with that as long as there is an in dash cd that plays all formats and you can add a changer of your choice. For teh interface to work, you probably have to get whatever one they tell you.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:48 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: drkenan

You are trapped in a room with 2 doors - one leads to hell and eternal damnation and the other leads to lots of virgins.

Sounds like recruiting for a suicide bomber.

Quick Reply: Riddle me THIS, Batman...