Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ricers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 01:01 AM
1st Gear
Default ricers...

alright im sick of the word ricer... i admit i have used it a couple times, but i really dont like it! i mean anyway, what is it supose to mean? is it someone who spends all their money on the looks of their car?? because in that case im a ricer. or is it someone who has altezas or whatever and has chrome rims?? and if thats true then is someone running 11's with altezas a ricer? i just had to get this off my chest...

Old 12-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Default RE: ricers...

meh its all debatable. bad taste, flashy cosmetic crap, with no performance back up. its attitude too. ricer fly-by's, stop light engine rev's, racing every car that looks someone modded/driving 3mph over speed limit. i dunno...

Old 12-16-2005, 01:27 AM
2nd Gear

Rice is a wing thats 6 foot tall. Rice is cutting stock springs. Rice is a huge decal on the front saying RICE! Oh and believe me ive seen that before. Rice is the bling for bad taste and the term will prob never go away.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:28 AM
2nd Gear

A Ricer is someone who would rather have an unpainted body kit installed with zip ties, than have a motor that runs properly. A Ricer is someone who has so much neon light shining off their vehicle, it put the Vegas strip to shame. A Ricer is someone who thinks that an RX-7 can be a Type-R, and not to mention have DOHC VTEC. A Ricer thinks their "Carbon Fiber Tint" is actual Carbon Fiber. A Ricer thinks changing taillights ups their Street Rep'. A Ricer thinks any place is a good place for a street race... Even rush hour traffic on Market Street. A Ricer will try to convince someone that their SOHC D-Series stock Honda engine is in fact, a JDM Type-R engine of some kind.

Now, I've got a TON of respect for an individual who can create a good show car... This does not include installing a $150 Ebay body kit, Altezza Taillights, Projectors Headlights that don't even fit, 19" Chrome Wheels, a "custom" paint job that looks like it was done with house paint, Ebay "Racing Seats" that fall apart after the first hour or two of usage, let's not forget the portable DVD Played taped to the dash to give that "custom in dash" look. Now, like I said, I have a TON of respect for a true show car builder. Not a person who half Asses a 1989 Honda Accord and calls it a show/race/drift/drag car. I have respect for ENTHUSIASTS.

However, Ricers are not enthusiasts, they are not building a show car, they are not building a race car. Their car will always be in the "Under Construction" stage, so that they can brag about what's "sitting in their garage waiting to be installed."

As you can probably tell, I know Ricers very well. Wilmington is over run with them.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:30 AM
2nd Gear

A bit poetic... lol

Old 12-16-2005, 01:30 AM
2nd Gear

Sorry, that's the writer in me coming out.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

i wish i had that top five reasons i hate ricers vid lol off streetfire.net i belive try n look it up

Old 12-16-2005, 01:33 AM
1st Gear

haha i must say allthough i still dont like the word zedEx's post was very true and funny

best line ever "A Ricer thinks their "Carbon Fiber Tint" is actual Carbon Fiber."

Old 12-16-2005, 01:37 AM
2nd Gear

why is this in the Audi "A4" forum? huh? you cant read, there is a off topic forum for a reason

Old 12-16-2005, 01:37 AM
2nd Gear

hahaa. That reminds me there starting to go crazy with cf now i saw this sitew with actual carbonfiber sheets that you can cut and glue on your car..... Yeah.... Supposedly its the new trend in japan.

Quick Reply: ricers...