Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ricer - what!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 04:22 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Ricer - what!!!

ORIGINAL: S4sick
.......................................i will never be a ricer simply because i own an audi. cant classify non jap cars as ricers. eat my words
Ahhhhh yes, but did you read my post above yours?

The same can be said of a German car or its owner...
The term is "Kraut or Krauter"

See my post above or go to the START HERE! post in the new member forum.

Old 07-29-2004, 04:06 AM

ORIGINAL: S4sick

i will never be a ricer simply because i own an audi. cant classify non jap cars as ricers. eat my words
Yes in fact an audi can be classifies as rice in my book. if i see an audi with a 250 dollar "aggresive" body kit with a spoiler that is taller than his roof, a huge muffler tip (not an exhaust system, just a welded on muffler) thats bigger than a freakin cd, and has altezza lights (aaarhhh i HATE altezzas) i would have to say that he is "rice" even if his car is an audi. hell you could have a jeep thats ricey

Old 07-29-2004, 08:11 PM
3rd Gear

But then it's called "Kraut" or a "Krauter", David_K. See above.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

kraut or krauter doesnt seem as insulting as a ricer...simply because there so many damn honda civics out there that are so shitty looking.....i raced a honda the other day... it sounded like a damn lawn mower when he put the pedal to the medal (which by the way is like pushing my audi) haha. Honda's are like a pair of shoes, ppl get a craze over them, but then they get worn out.

that damn movie "the fast and the furious" i believe opened up honda civics to a much broader more retarded audience who dont know 2 ***** about cars.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:57 PM
3rd Gear

I don't know if I'm trying to insult the "ricers". Rather, it's a category that distinguishes good taste from bad taste. Therefore, rice befits a Japanese car that it outfitted in bad taste and Kraut befits a German car that is outfitted in bad taste.

Old 08-04-2004, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Bear in mind that:
1. a ricer can be a car or the owner who drives a rice car.
2. rice is the general term; it is used to describe a part or modification or the car in general.
3. ricey is a subjective or judgmental term; "Those wheels look too ricey."
Why didn't you just say it came from "rice rocket?" Why'd you have to get all intelligent on us?

Old 08-04-2004, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

I don't know if I'm trying to insult the "ricers". Rather, it's a category that distinguishes good taste from bad taste. Therefore, rice befits a Japanese car that it outfitted in bad taste and Kraut befits a German car that is outfitted in bad taste.
What you are saying makes perfect sense, but while that may be technically true, I just can't bring myself to see it that way mainly because "rice" is such a widely used word. I, as well as others, often use it to describe cars that aren't even japanese, and most of the time it carries a negative conotation.

Let me put it this way: literally speaking, sh** is actually feces or a word used to describe a state of discomfort as an exclamation. But when I say "That car is a piece of sh**" I'm not actually speaking as to the physical makeup of the vehicle, I'm saying that it's a poorly made car. The point is, although we may not want them to be, some words are accepted as wholely negative or positive just by the way we use them in day-to-day conversation. And whether or not we know the true definition behind them, we will continue to use them as we know how to.

Hope that does the subject some justice.

Old 08-07-2004, 10:56 PM
4th Gear

I dont think acura has alot of rice excluding some integras, because i cant classify a rsx as "rice"... just what i think... and even the 3000gt(some).