Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ricer or Racer

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 03:52 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Ricer or Racer

i think drifting takes skills but its not that great in a race, sliding slows u down its better to take the turns in a regular way, u dont see la mans drifting. drifting is a showy style of driving

Drift vs Grip and i say grip wins

Old 12-17-2004, 04:15 AM
2nd Gear

The point of driting is not to cross the finish line first. it's to drift your car in a controlled manner as fast as you can at the hardest angle you can through a track.
God i love need for speed

Old 12-17-2004, 04:24 AM
3rd Gear

i think drifting takes skills but its not that great in a race, sliding slows u down its better to take the turns in a regular way, u dont see la mans drifting. drifting is a showy style of driving

Duh its not meant to be fast... its like figure skatin points are rewarded for style the way the car sets up for corners the way the car exits the corners speed angle closeness to the wall ect... point are given by judges...

BTW Racer X ... I think driftin is a fad but it could be a sport if it stays popular...

Old 12-17-2004, 12:23 PM
1st Gear

The problem with drifting is that the scoring is subjective. Usually the most well known driver/drifter wins. Couple of weeks ago I was watching a drifting competition on Speed TV, the winner wreaked his car and didn't finish. How can you get 1st place if you don't finish the race?

Old 12-17-2004, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

Wrecked not wreaked. Even though it stinks how they score. I know, it's a streatch.

Old 12-17-2004, 01:53 PM

oh i agee drifting is sweet and it takes ***** more than anthing else. these guys fling themselves in 500hpcars within inches of a wall

Old 12-17-2004, 08:42 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mrracing

Wrecked not wreaked. Even though it stinks how they score. I know, it's a streatch.
stretch. not streatch

Old 12-18-2004, 12:49 AM
3rd Gear

again its not a race... He got first place overall or just the one event?

There are a couple different drifting events thers the solo event where they just go for style and all that then theres the event where one car gos first then another trys to get as close as posible while copying the first cars every move then theres another one I dont remember the details to

Old 12-20-2004, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

Rice this-

Racer X
You scored 17%
Congratulations. You are the real thing. Chances are you could tear down your engine and put it back together in a weekend. You know a decent amount about racing dynamics. The "FATHF" culture has been a bane to your existence since you've been in the game for years before that horrid movie was released. Auto-x, drag racing, track time, you know enough to not sound like an *** while talking about it, and you can probably hold your own on the track too. Race on, good citizen, for you are a true Racer.

Old 12-20-2004, 05:09 PM

[/quote]
Rice this-
Buddy rice this you say take those ****** taillight out making me throw up the paint job is bad enough

Quick Reply: Ricer or Racer