Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Restaurant Refrigeration

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 02:38 PM
Banned
Default Restaurant Refrigeration

An integral part of any restaurant is its refrigeration systems. Restaurant refrigeration ranges from small coolers like a dorm fridge to massive walk-in refrigerators and freezers and everything in between. Carefully selecting the right type of refrigeration for a new restaurant will ensure that your commercial kitchen runs smoothly and it will contribute to a positive experience for staff and customers.

One of the biggest steps in opening a restaurant is buying the right kind of commercial kitchen equipment.

Buying Restaurant Refrigeration

Determine what types of coolers and freezers you need before you buy anything. Your restaurant concept and its size will be the biggest factors in what you buy for restaurant refrigeration. A large walk-in refrigerator probably won’t work if you have limited space, but you'll need ample freezer space if your menu is based on a lot of frozen pub grub foods like fries, chicken wings, and onion rings.

Your food distributors' delivery schedule will also affect what you need for restaurant refrigeration. Restaurants that receive daily deliveries of fresh meats, seafood, and produce won’t need as much in the way of refrigeration as restaurants that only get a delivery once or twice a week.

Types of Restaurant Refrigeration—Reach-In Coolers

Reach-in coolers are usually found in the kitchen and bar areas of a restaurant although they can be located in the wait station as well. A reach-in is low to the ground. It has two or three doors and staff must reach in to find items. These coolers work best when they're isolated from the cooking line and all that heat. They'll help keep the food stored inside at safe holding temperatures.

Refrigeration Drawers

Often referred to as fish drawers, under-counter refrigeration drawers are ideal for small restaurant kitchens. They're designed to be installed directly into a cooking line and can hold seafood, poultry, or meat for the grill or sauté stations.

Walk-In Coolers

Walk-in coolers can be the size of a small closet or as big as a living room. Walk-ins are good for holding large boxes of produce, buckets of food, blocks of cheese, and anything else that's large, bulky and perishable. Food-grade shelves, wall covering, and flooring must be used in walk-ins. Check with your local health department for your state’s health codes pertaining to these restaurant coolers.

Restaurant Freezers

Like coolers, restaurant freezers can be either reach-ins or walk-ins. Keep in mind that a restaurant freezer is not a place to store or make ice. Invest in an ice machine for that job. You can purchase ice machines new or used or you can lease them.

Restaurant Bar Refrigeration

Coolers for the bar are known as either low boys because they're low to the ground or as high boys when they stand to waist level. White and blush wines, bottled beer, bar mixes, and any other bottled or canned beverages are stored in bar coolers. A separate walk-in refrigerator might be necessary for beer kegs, or you can keep them in your restaurant kitchen walk-in if space permits.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:56 PM
Banned

Hello. Tell me please where I can find inexpensive refrigerators for restaurants. I saw that there are more expensive models made of aluminum, galvanized steel with a polymer coating and even plastic. where to use each type and how do they differ? Which one to choose https://ianboer.com.au/commercial-refrigeration/ for sure so it fits all the criteria?

Old 04-28-2020, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

For me, the food from the restaurant is tasteless.I like to cook meat at home and I want to buy a grill for the tastiest meat in the world. What do you advise?

Old 05-03-2020, 03:29 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jack48
For me, the food from the restaurant is tasteless.I like to cook meat at home and I want to buy a grill for the tastiest meat in the world. What do you advise?
I think that you need to check this website because it has a very informative article where you can find the information about all the good infrared grills, you can find all the pros and cons of different things as well. I think that it will be useful. By the way, I have CharBroil 450

Old 10-27-2020, 09:16 AM
1st Gear

The kitchen is the most important element in any restaurant. Therefore, the industrial equipment for the restaurant kitchen plays a very important role. Kitchen equipment for public catering forms: hot shop, cold shop, fish shop, butcher shop, vegetable and washing shop. Professional restaurant equipment to cope with the heaviest loads. For this, the technological equipment of restaurants must be of high quality and durable. Our experienced managers will help you buy equipment for the restaurant.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

It is really important to buy a high quality equipment for kitchen in restaurant. I am a restaurant owner and I know what I am talking about now. I try to use only high quality equipment for my restaurant. My last purchase is ravioli maker https://snugkitchen.com/best-ravioli-maker/ . I have Italian restaurant, so it is useful tool for me. I found my refrigerator on this site too

Old 05-18-2021, 02:07 PM
1st Gear

Oh, I wish I had all these sophisticated technologies at home to cook myself dishes from the chef in the morning ... And it’s better that someone else did it for me!

Old 05-24-2021, 04:48 AM
Banned

cannot help you with a personal chef, but I can say that a functional beautiful kitchen is now not a myth, but a very real thing, since it is difficult to correctly calculate everything yourself, including the necessary systems and equipment. We just ordered kitchen cabinets right away, designed for the necessary equipment, which we buy gradually.

Old 07-04-2024, 02:56 AM
1st Gear

When discussing restaurant refrigeration, it's important to consider the various types of ice machines available to ensure you select the best one for your needs. For detailed information on the different types of ice machines , this guide provides valuable insights to help you make an informed decision. Choosing the right ice machine can significantly enhance the efficiency and functionality of your restaurant's refrigeration system.