Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Reminder of Rules on AF

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:05 PM
3rd Gear
Default Reminder of Rules on AF

2001 M5. Blk on Blk. stick of course. 30K miles. excellent condition. stock with 18" BBS RG-T's. exterior has no visible marks or dings. interior is good with only a little wear on the leather. they're asking 38K.

too much, good deal???

I might be coming over to the darkside...

Old 12-23-2005, 02:36 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Paging Silver7 - what do you think?

Uh...get it checked out by a mechanic you trust, then HIT IT TWICE!

Old 12-23-2005, 03:04 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

2001 M5. Blk on Blk. stick of course. 30K miles. excellent condition. stock with 18" BBS RG-T's. exterior has no visible marks or dings. interior is good with only a little wear on the leather. they're asking 38K.

too much, good deal???

I might be coming over to the darkside...
Hmmmm. I might be a bit wary. They might just not know what it's really worth, but $38k is almost fire-sale pricing for a black one with only 30k miles. I would no doubt do a very intensive test drive, then have a BMW pro look at it to make sure everything's kosher. They might be trying to dump it so cheap because there's something wrong with it that might cost out the wazoo, so check it out thoroughly. Another thing you might do is get the VIN, and call around all the BMW and Import car repair places including the dealership and see if this car has been diagnosed with anything that wasn't fixed at the time.

Otherwise, $38k is a steal. I looked for over a month to find my Anthracite (less popular color) for about that price, when most people were asking $45-55k for theirs.

The low price might just be because they need the money quickly to get the new one, I can't tell you how many people I've seen doing that lately. I can tell you that once the E60 is readily available, the E39 prices will drop a lot, so work that into your calculations as well. Are you willing to pay this price to have it now, when they might be $3-5k less in 6 months to a year?

I'd go for it, as long as the car checks out, but that's just me.

Old 12-24-2005, 05:20 AM
3rd Gear

Thx for the feedback guys...I thought it was a pretty good deal. If I proceed I will have it inspected by my local BMW guy as you suggested. We shall see.

Old 12-24-2005, 07:11 AM
4th Gear

for a second there... i thought paging came in the form of PMs... not entire threads. strange.

Old 12-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Admin

1. There will be no flaming within this forum. Flaming or otherwise offensive posts will be edited, locked or deleted.

2. There will be absolutely no post whoring anywhere in AF. [That's posting post without content, just a smiley or silly expression.]
- Do not make a post entitled "Redline I need help" or "Hey Silver7 what do you think of this BMW". If you need to speak with an individual PM them.

3. No course/foul language or nudity/gorey pictures will be tolerated. Young people view this site as well as people at work where it's not appropriate.

4. When posting a question please try and give us a detailed title and explanation so we may get an accurate idea of what your question is before we go spouting off ideas of what the solution may be.

5. There is to be no advertising here at AudiForums.com without prior permission from either myself or Ralph. So if you would like to advertise, setup a link exchange or so forth please contact Amanda at Amanda@AudiForums.com.

In addition, we don't want you uploading a picture/graphic and linking it at another site. It steals our server space and robs our members of a faster AF. So, if you go to another site and plan to display a picture with a URL that starts with: "http://www.AudiForums.com/.........." PLEASE DON'T. We can and will ban you for stealing bandwidth.

Thanks everyone!! This keeps AF running FAST!

These can and might be amended over time.

~Amanda

Old 12-24-2005, 07:47 AM
4th Gear

ahaha
that makes 2 threads i beat you to 2night redgoat

Old 12-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Administrator

yes.. but the other one was completey anahilated Chuck Norris style!!!!

Old 12-24-2005, 08:00 AM
4th Gear

lol. roundhouse kick to that beosh

i definatly wanted to see how many **** i could wrack up before i got bored in that thread
....didn't take long

Old 12-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Administrator

it was beautiful though..

Quick Reply: Reminder of Rules on AF