Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Relaxing Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 AM
Administrator
Default Relaxing Hobbies

Most of the SoCal people know I'm one stressed out guy
and I was wondering if you do or know of any relaxing hobbies
something that you can sit down for like an hour or something

i used to bake a little before, i do a little boxing for exercise but i want something low impact, im not much of a reader since i have so many god dam text books, sewing is out since i spent most of my life workin in a sewing factory

Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 AM
2nd Gear

video games whether it is sports, stratagy, mmo, action ect. to me there is nothing more relaxing than sitting down and logging some video game hours just you and the game. plus the feeling of accomplishment you get when you beat a game. Although it is a double edge sword I guess b/c you can get frustrated if you get stuck somewhere. That is when online walkthroughs help!!!

Also flyfishing/ fly tying is relaxing as hell

Old 08-13-2008, 11:11 AM
3rd Gear

Fishing if def relaxing. Golf can be but if you get frustrated easily it won't be. Having a dog can help too, they're always happy to see you when you get home, they can go jogging w/ you and they seem to know when you feel like **** and they'll just chill w/ you.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

scuba diving is the best!! i don't get to go very often, but it's so relaxing to swim with the fish and all you hear is your own slow breathing. and if you drift dive, you just let the current move you.

i've heard meditation and yoga are good for relaxing.

how about a long walk in a scenic place.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 AM

Driving on empty roads where there aren't stupid drivers to get in your way.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Site Moderator

Hmm. This guy looks pretty relaxed...

Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
4th Gear

rippin on a little asian step sister who has a total IQ of the rocks in my back yard... maybe

Old 08-13-2008, 01:26 PM

My Sennheiser HD650 headphones and a high quality headphone amplifier. I rediscovered every CD in my collection, and heard new sounds I'd never heard before on each and every track played. Almost as good as my B&W speakers...

I find listening to music (uninterrupted) to be the most relaxing activity (well...maybe not the MOST!). You pick the music, usually based on your mood, or a mood you'd like to be in, and let your ears do the work. I also find browsing iTunes and Amazon and listening to song samples to be very enjoyable.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
scuba diving is the best!! i don't get to go very often, but it's so relaxing to swim with the fish and all you hear is your own slow breathing. and if you drift dive, you just let the current move you.

i've heard meditation and yoga are good for relaxing.

how about a long walk in a scenic place.
+1 on the diving, although it can be expensive to jump into at first.

Try swimming also, I find it really relaxing but maybe thats just me

Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Zombie Defense Force

+2 for scuba its so much fun. also this might sound weird but shooting is relaxing for me. rock climbing is fun and easy to get into and will get you in good shape. biking is also fun. this might sound childish but building things like those erector sets is also relaxing and time consuming.

Quick Reply: Relaxing Hobbies