Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Relationship advice...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Relationship advice...

Some girls will react better to the "get right to the point" approach, others to the "let's see where this takes us" one. Your job, is to try to determine which will be the most fruitful, given your current situation. Most Vegas girls want men to take the metaphorical Caveman approach, whereas most Texas girls I knew wanted to take things a half step at a time. and for the most part, the last thing they want to do is give you any clue as to which way they would prefer. It's your job to figure it out, and they know it. It's part of the chase.

s_racer2003, you mentioned that the girl in question is attracted to one of your friends. That doesn't mean she has no attraction to you. It could actually mean that she wanted to see your reaction to her liking someone else, and your inaction in this case could be taken as indifference. This is what psychologists call "a big oops".

If you are still attracted to her, and think that it's not going to go away any time soon, you really should just let her know that you're interested. Oterwise, you risk just sitting there on the sideline trying to figure out what to do while she might be going through a whole range of emotions herself regarding you, and without any input for you, it's likely to go a direction you won't like. So say something, anything. You don't have to confess an undying love for her, just plant a seed that you think of her as more than a friend.

Master Sun-Tzu said.....

A choice may be right
or wrong but
no choice is
always wrong

If you need some help talking to her, I have a friend that usually helps me.....

Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven
just plant a seed that you think of her as more than a friend.
Exactly, a big pearl necklace always does the trick

Old 12-14-2005, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74
I know that was a joke (at least I think so), but that's the worst advice I've ever heard. Women like a challenge. If you're already buying her **** and you aren't even dating, then you aren't a challenge and she'll never think of you as anything more then "best friends furrrrrr-ever!"

Old 12-14-2005, 07:03 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Raddue

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74
I know that was a joke (at least I think so), but that's the worst advice I've ever heard. Women like a challenge. If you're already buying her **** and you aren't even dating, then you aren't a challenge and she'll never think of you as anything more then "best friends furrrrrr-ever!"
Dude, that was a joke and it went right over your head.

I was referring to err...ejaculating on her breasts "pearl necklace" in response to Silver's advice for him to "plant a seed", not buying her an actual pearl necklace from Tiffany! Just a stupid j/k nevermind

Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

Ah goddammit. I know why that went over my head - I normally go for things like the Pearl Harbor or the Gorilla Mask myself.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:00 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

Some girls will react better to the "get right to the point" approach, others to the "let's see where this takes us" one. Your job, is to try to determine which will be the most fruitful, given your current situation. Most Vegas girls want men to take the metaphorical Caveman approach, whereas most Texas girls I knew wanted to take things a half step at a time. and for the most part, the last thing they want to do is give you any clue as to which way they would prefer. It's your job to figure it out, and they know it. It's part of the chase.

s_racer2003, you mentioned that the girl in question is attracted to one of your friends. That doesn't mean she has no attraction to you. It could actually mean that she wanted to see your reaction to her liking someone else, and your inaction in this case could be taken as indifference. This is what psychologists call "a big oops".

If you are still attracted to her, and think that it's not going to go away any time soon, you really should just let her know that you're interested. Oterwise, you risk just sitting there on the sideline trying to figure out what to do while she might be going through a whole range of emotions herself regarding you, and without any input for you, it's likely to go a direction you won't like. So say something, anything. You don't have to confess an undying love for her, just plant a seed that you think of her as more than a friend.

Master Sun-Tzu said.....

A choice may be right
or wrong but
no choice is
always wrong

If you need some help talking to her, I have a friend that usually helps me.....

Physician heal thyself.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear

My advice, much like the gun of a battleship, is highly unsuccessful when turned inward.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:45 PM
4th Gear

Ah, I see.

Now about this girl that you need to look back up.....

Old 12-15-2005, 03:24 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

go to a party... hook up... take it from there

Spence and i are alike, i don't wana take my good ole time, ifs theres something there, im going to pursue it.
[sm=Awwww.gif]

Old 12-15-2005, 04:44 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Ah, I see.

Now about this girl that you need to look back up.....
This would be this place to go.