Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Relationship advice...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 05:25 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Relationship advice...

Married? You honestly think I could carry on a healthy relationship with this kind of baggage? Please.....

Perhaps saying "no possibility" is overstating it slightly. Even so, I don't know if I could do it. I've wanted to numerous times. I've pulled up a chair in front of the database computers and typed in her name, but for whatever reason, I just couldn't hit enter. It's like, what right do I have to intrude on her life now, just to try to resolve personal issues that I should have been able to cope with from the beginning. Especially with the way I just walked out on her without a word because I couldn't handle it.

Hopefully this is at least showing the topic poster that keeping quiet about things like this is not good at all.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:45 AM
1st Gear

Just a little update, we ended up doing the usual me and her, plus one of her friends and my roommate going out to dinner, nothing special, but found out before saying anything to her that she's interested in one of my best friends. [:@] Believe it or not this same situation happened to me about 2 weeks ago with another female friend and another buddy of mine.[&o] Oh well, I'm sure another will come along sometime.

Old 12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
4th Gear

go to a party... hook up... take it from there

Old 12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

Well, that's the problem exactly. That's simply not my style. I like the good old fashioned, get to know a girl, take her out on a nice date, see where it goes from there, style of dating. Unfortunately, I'm surrounded by a sea of guys who want to go fu*k the first thing they see at a party and even worse yet, it seems most girls are all for that style too. I don't want to go screw a girl, never to talk to her again. I just don't see what people get out of that. I guess it's just not my cup o' tea. Oh well, I've been single the last 2 years, I think I can take it a while longer.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

It's been 8 years since I've seen her and yet I still think about her almost every day. I have a picture of her in my car that I won't go anywhere without. I still get all torn up inside every time I hear U2's "With or Without You". I remember everything about her. I remember her room, a converted basement, with dark wood paneling, her bathroom painted bright red. I remember a black wig that she used to wear. I remember the time that we stripped down to our underwear and went swimming in a lake in the middle of a park at midnight. I remember her birthday, and the first thing I got her for the first birthday that I knew her, a new charm for her bracelet, a tiny little musical note. I remember her name, Lindsay Ann Fassauer. I know with my resources, I could find her in about 10 minutes. I guess I'm still afraid, and that's why I don't do it. But now I'm not even afraid that she wouldn't love me, I know that's out of the question, but I'm afraid that she wouldn't even remember me, and that would be even worse.
how could she not remember you?
ur posting was enough for me to develop an enormous crush.....

Old 12-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Silver.. what would you do if she was going through everyday thinking/feeling the same way.. its time for you to deal with this problem..

Old 12-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

"what ifs" are the worst kind of regret. i'd wanna know. either way. then you can move on and feel good knowing you did all you could.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: s_racer2003

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

Well, that's the problem exactly. That's simply not my style. I like the good old fashioned, get to know a girl, take her out on a nice date, see where it goes from there, style of dating. Unfortunately, I'm surrounded by a sea of guys who want to go fu*k the first thing they see at a party and even worse yet, it seems most girls are all for that style too. I don't want to go screw a girl, never to talk to her again. I just don't see what people get out of that. I guess it's just not my cup o' tea. Oh well, I've been single the last 2 years, I think I can take it a while longer.
Not ALL girls are like that (I know I'm not)....... you'll find someone that is like that..... even if the majority of our gender are *****.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sadize

ur posting was enough for me to develop an enormous crush.....
You've got a crush on Lindsay now, huh?

Old 12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
3rd Gear

I do too now. Your story is kinda motivating for me. No possible outcome of a situation I'm kinda in, unless I do what you did, could ever be worse than what you've described.

I hate to be preachy, especially about something that's so twisted up with you, but my friendly advice (can't help myself) would be to find some kind of resolution. Any possible outcome, whether she's married, dead, a crack-*****, or single, financially successful but with this tumor-esque attatchment to you, and thinking of you and welling up every time she hears "Maybe Someday" because of you( is that completely impossible?) is better than not knowing, always wondering, and never finding out. I swear, anything you could possibly do in contacting her would be better than trying to forget about her but totally, abjectly failing, as you say you are doing. Any kind of closure would be better than just kinda trudging ahead with this crippling baggage.

Quick Reply: Relationship advice...