Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Recomend an amp to me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 05:53 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Recomend an amp to me!

you can't go cuttng rca cables and make it work right. you either need a line converter or if there are by some chance femail rca jacks on the back of th ehead unit.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: flyboy

you can't go cuttng rca cables and make it work right. you either need a line converter or if there are by some chance femail rca jacks on the back of th ehead unit.
According to what i have read, there is a female rca-->bare wire adapter that can be spliced into whatever. I wasnt just gunna cut some rca cables up.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:57 PM
4th Gear

if you have pics of what your gonna spice it into I might get a better I dea, and be able to help you out.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:09 PM
3rd Gear

why dont you just use a line out converter and tap into the front speakers, you have a bose amp right... and are keeping the stock redio... just adding a sub and amp to stock set up right.. for the remote wire you can just tap into your power antena, it should be blue with a white stripe will work fine..

Old 05-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

why dont you just use a line out converter and tap into the front speakers, you have a bose amp right... and are keeping the stock redio... just adding a sub and amp to stock set up right.. for the remote wire you can just tap into your power antena, it should be blue with a white stripe will work fine..
its non bose, and the experts are saying not to use any kind of converter.
Vitb6, can you please post a pic of what kind of rca's you used to go into the back of your head unit?? im lost again..

Do i need something like this??
???

Does it plug into the back of the head unit and then run male rca's to the amp??

Old 05-23-2006, 06:23 PM
3rd Gear

its not bose, and why wouldny you use a converter, is there some sort of wireing issue with the audi's... from what i have read your going to basically just make your own and splice into the wires your going to loose some signal streangth by doing this... I worked at a boomer in high school installed countless set ups use to do comps... and there is no rca jack on the back of your head unit..

i

Old 05-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Site Moderator

its not bose, and why wouldny you use a converter, is there some sort of wireing issue with the audi's... from what i have read your going to basically just make your own and splice into the wires your going to loose some signal streangth by doing this... I worked at a boomer in high school installed countless set ups use to do comps... and there is no rca jack on the back of your head unit..

i
ok but there is supposedly pins in the speaker wiring harness in the back of the head unit to wire in pre amp outputs. Will i be splicing this into those pins?

Old 05-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Site Moderator

There is no power antenna in mine or other a4's.. i appreciate your help but please dont confuse me if you havent actually done the work on an audi. Antenna is integrated into the windshield i think.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:36 PM
3rd Gear

you could but you would have to figure out which pins are sending the signal you want.. dose your car how have an amp powering any of the speakers?

y

Old 05-23-2006, 06:44 PM
5th Gear

Whoa I just read all of this, and the craziest part was the 300/2 for 130 bucks. That is effin cheap... I'm rippin a 450/4 and a 500/1... so I am all about the slash amps. :P

Quick Reply: Recomend an amp to me!