Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Recomend an amp to me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 04:36 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Recomend an amp to me!

[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 05-23-2006, 04:45 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: A4 the Quattro

doh.. you paid the same price for that explod? [sm=chairshot.gif]
well i was told and read that having a class d mono amp gives you more options if your just gunna run a subwoofer as opposed to a big amp that ill only be able to use part of for what im trying to accomplish. In searching i have found that the class d amps are more expensive and efficiant/reliable than regular amps. This was the cheapest class d amp i could find that had a reputable name with power specs that i need. Thats just how i was looking at it. You can tune your bass better with a class d from what i have found.. Maybe im wrong and yours is better than a class d.. i dunno... vitb6 and the crutchfield guide told me to do it.

Old 05-23-2006, 04:47 AM
Site Moderator

oops yea

Old 05-23-2006, 04:49 AM
4th Gear

well I dont think you will be able to tell to much of diff. Although. That JL amp is HOT.

Old 05-23-2006, 04:49 AM
2nd Gear

its cool its cool.. i just hate to see people going "cheap" on amps.. i've never seen anything good come out of it.. but if it's what your looking for for your setup.. rock on brotha.. [sm=icon_rock.gif] .. funny thing is i tried to sell my amp and sub in the classifieds and had no response for it.. and since this post i've had like 3 ppl PM me.. lol

get that **** hooked .. and get us a sound clip.. [sm=bling.gif]

Old 05-23-2006, 04:56 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: A4 the Quattro

its cool its cool.. i just hate to see people going "cheap" on amps.. i've never seen anything good come out of it.. but if it's what your looking for for your setup.. rock on brotha.. [sm=icon_rock.gif] .. funny thing is i tried to sell my amp and sub in the classifieds and had no response for it.. and since this post i've had like 3 ppl PM me.. lol

get that **** hooked .. and get us a sound clip.. [sm=bling.gif]
going cheap on an amp to me is like one of those Meijer or autozone deals if you know what i mean. I have almost bought some of that crap in the past... Ill be sure to post some pics/sounds.. I hope i didnt go too cheap

Old 05-23-2006, 05:03 AM
2nd Gear

im sure you will be happy man.. doesnt sound like you are interested in bumping the windows out.. lol

Old 05-23-2006, 05:12 AM
Site Moderator

cool well im still having a hard time understanding this...

Why would i need that line converter if i can just splice the wires and hook them into the amp? whats the advantage of the rca inputs??

is 2ohms the same thing as one channel?

4ohms=2 channel?

when you go from 4 to 2 ohms are you bridging channels?

Do amps come with instuctions on this?

Old 05-23-2006, 06:04 AM
4th Gear

some amps and almost all the highend amps have only rca impusts dont have such feachers, so a line converter is in order. For amps that do have them then no line converter is nessisary.

All word in ^^^ may be **** up due to drunk.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:05 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

some amps and almost all the highend amps have only rca impusts dont have such feachers, so a line converter is in order. For amps that do have them then no line converter is nessisary.

All word in ^^^ may be **** up due to drunk.

lol.. that made the new sig quote

Quick Reply: Recomend an amp to me!