Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Recomend an amp to me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Recomend an amp to me!

Thanks for the help everybody...
I was playing around with the secret EQ in the radio and got it sounding a lot better.. But im still left looking for some more tight bass.. Ill take pics when i get to it and share since you all are so helpful and im sure there are a lot of stereo noobs out there like me who will benefit a lot from this thread. Im just gunna get the converter for the rear speakers... So i will splice into each +/- for each rear speaker and those 4 wires go to the converter and then rca's to amp- CORRRECT? Thanks!
Im sure ill have to go back into the EQ to tweak some after all this too.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

You should only need one pair of RCA inputs to provide signal - look for the two jacks labelled Audio In on the amp.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Thanks for the help everybody...
I was playing around with the secret EQ in the radio and got it sounding a lot better.. But im still left looking for some more tight bass.. Ill take pics when i get to it and share since you all are so helpful and im sure there are a lot of stereo noobs out there like me who will benefit a lot from this thread. Im just gunna get the converter for the rear speakers... So i will splice into each +/- for each rear speaker and those 4 wires go to the converter and then rca's to amp- CORRRECT? Thanks!
Im sure ill have to go back into the EQ to tweak some after all this too.

by the way were is that thing I was thinking about that the other night, you now the secrete EQ.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Site Moderator

Thanks for the info...

VitaminB6.. Did you use something like this?? and cut the end off?

If you really dont think ill notice a difference in sound quality im going to do the converter for the rear speakers... Otherwise ill have to buy the speacial radio removal keys and long *** rca cables.
Sorry about the cat hair.

Also.. Amazingly... I have got my radio to sound almost as good as my Bose radio in the Nissan... Its amazing what a difference there is by ******* with THE SECRET EQ! I got it sounding really tight and powerfull.. Better highs/mids/deep bass. Honestly i probably would not have started this thread had i taken the time to mess with THE SECRET EQ a day earlier... BUT-Now i have a project, the money is spent, and it will sound even better!!!!!! I dont see myself getting the audio mod bug though after this.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:33 PM
4th Gear

just do the rear speaker way, it might take a watt off the speakers but nothing noticeable.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: flyboy

just do the rear speaker way, it might take a watt off the speakers but nothing noticeable.
okilyjokily. You say Best Buy should have these converters?? Does quality matter or are they pretty much all the same?

Old 05-23-2006, 11:57 PM
4th Gear

of course quality matters but what they have will do fine. you just pushin a sub, in the trunk, its not like its gonna be the cleannest thing on the block, but its will sound fine. your not gonna get to much of a better sound without spending lots of money.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Site Moderator

of course quality matters but what they have will do fine. you just pushin a sub, in the trunk, its not like its gonna be the cleannest thing on the block, but its will sound fine. your not gonna get to much of a better sound without spending lots of money.
Cool well i should have all my stuff by friday and get it done... I cant wait. Ive never had a sub and amp before.. In case you couldnt tell by skimming through this excessive long *** thread. Its cool because after this thread i officially know a little bit about everything.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:06 AM
4th Gear

it kinda like the boy scouts, you get a patch after this task.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:46 AM
Site Moderator

Here is a quote for your sig. man:

I am a rampaging post *****!!

Quick Reply: Recomend an amp to me!