Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

RANT-Is this how is should be? I mean really....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:05 PM
tdn
2nd Gear
Default RE: RANT-Is this how is should be? I mean really....

i understand both sides. if i put that much work into my car, i wouldn't let anyone, especially someone i've never met before drive my car, especially if it's a stock clutch, it's so easy to destroy them if the car isn't stock. but on the second hand, i would never have bought my car if i couldn't test drive it.

if you offered him a deposit for the clutch (maybe $500) to show him how serious you are about buying it, he might have let you. but that would scare most buyers away if he'd ask. but who knows, maybe it was more than the clutch.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:37 PM
4th Gear

I suppose-

Old 02-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Administrator

I'd have been pissed, and told him that he's a fool to think anyone's going to buy his car without driving it first. Especially since you had the money ready and were intent on driving it. And he really should've told you that you couldn't drive it, but he probably knew that if he said that, you'd never make the drive up there. Too bad, but then again, nice as the car looks, if he's driving it like that, it's only a matter of time before the treatment of the car catches up to its owner and it starts coughing up parts. Keep looking - there's other nice ones out there.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:19 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

Too bad, but then again, nice as the car looks, if he's driving it like that, it's only a matter of time before the treatment of the car catches up to its owner and it starts coughing up parts. Keep looking - there's other nice ones out there.
Youre full of ****. You can't say something like that without knowing the onwer personally.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Not at all man - I'm going on the description of how the guy was driving when DJ Spiel rode with him. From the sounds of it, he was beating the hell out of the car. Doesn't really matter what car it is, beat the crap out of it like that and it's gonna start breaking parts. Maybe not next week, but the wear and tear is there and it catches up. Any car breaks eventually but the kind of driving that he described absolutely speeds up the process.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Guru

no that is not how you sell a car....... that is how you get bad feedback from people on how you don't sell a car....... and he has already dropped the price

and the guys on zine telling him it is the fastest a4 on k04 around..... meh.... buy an s

Old 02-24-2008, 01:14 AM
2nd Gear

damn thats fucked up he didnt tell you before you drove 70 miles

everyone needs to go on that az link and ask if they can test drive it

Old 02-24-2008, 12:05 PM
4th Gear

It doesn't matter how nice the guy is or how much he cares for his car. Having a potential buyer drive that far and not test drive the car is just bad business. Same thing happened to me once. Drove two hours with cash in hand to look at a 00 b5. Car looked mint, seller kept reassuring me everything was in working order but wouldn't allow a test drive. Fvck that.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Guru

first post:
so you are selling a car and not letting potential buyers even test drive it?

no wonder the car hasn't sold...... i would be pissed if i drove to meet you somewhere to look at your car and i can't even drive the car

and i know you drive the person around but that won't sell it....... after hearing the way you drive it on test drives[/align]

second post on his fs thread:
if someone was trying to sell me a car and wouldn't let me drive it.....i would be uber pissed.....just like the guy i know that tried to buy his car..... which really other than the turbo up grade the guy wanting to buy his car has just as nice of a car........

i mean i would understand if it was a honda guy wanting to buy it, but it is a fellow audi enthusiast.... probably even a fellow ziner...... if you didn't want people to drive your car that is for sale...... state it in your sale ad or at least when someone contacts you, say hey, i understand you wanna buy my car, but without knowing you are a serious buyer..... ie deposit/cash/money order i will be unable to let you drive it........

this guy would have bought the car that day, but felt like he was treated like a comon piece of ****

so to answer your question, if i was a tool to someone on here i would expect to be called out........ so yes i think this is fine to do

Old 02-24-2008, 04:40 PM
3rd Gear

I would be pissed. You ALWAYS test drive a car before you buy it.

The only exception is when your filthy rich and just buy cars to buy cars.

Quick Reply: RANT-Is this how is should be? I mean really....