Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

RANT-Is this how is should be? I mean really....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:08 PM
4th Gear
Default RANT-Is this how is should be? I mean really....

Ok, so here's what's been going on... I am in the middle of 3-Possible sales for my car (obviously I want to get as much as possible)

Chances are--I will not have my A4 by Sunday-Monday (the guy wanted to get it today,but i need to drive around and what not)

I got apporved by one place in Shaumburg--FYI but some of the a4's i want are Evanston,IL
Also thinking maybe GTI 07-06 or Mazda speed 6

So, I filled out a LOAN app/finnance for this place in Evanston,IL. I was looking at an 06-b7-A4. I was looking to put down about 8K cash. So the guy calls me up leaves a message "Hi Paul we had issues proccessing your app, if you can call me back" Now, I dont even think they processed it because I get notified via-email when someone runs any kind of credit check on me.

So I called the guy back at 3pm/yesterday. Still no response....I called today and he's always on the phone. Part of me is wondering if I should just go there (my friend says dont do that) When I filled out the LOAN app its asked how much will u put down. So my friend is telling me..its BS they never ran it---he prolly just wants to tell u to come in and sweet talk u.

Thats That

No, today at noon I took a 70MILE trip to go look at a 99-B5 *modded to hell* I get there look at the car everything looks good...So I open my car door,grab my wallet and hand the guy my license. He goes "No" Im like excuse me? No one drives my car....at this point I am pretty frustrated...And I asked him are you joking? He goes "NO Sorry no one drives it BUT ME-once you pay for it you can drive it" -end qoute

The car can be viewd at below link
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188434

Is this right??? I mean do u buy a house/condo without stepping foot in it? Do you buy a car without test-driving it? YOu mean to tell me you want 10K and you wont let me test-drive? Oh, so I say fine- he goes "i'll take you but I DRIVE" i say ok....we get in this guy is shifting like hes in FORMULA ONE....but he has the nerve to tell me CLUTCH IS GOOD...... (ITS STILL STOCK!) Im thinking ok so he wont let me drive but hes driving like a idiot....

I dont care about speed I wanted to see how the car felt driving,suspension testing.

Am I wrong for being mad?
Is he wrong for making me drive that far out waste 4 hrs and not let me drive? Shouldnt he had told me 1st?

Thoughts?

-Dj Spiel

Old 02-23-2008, 06:16 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: RANT-Is this how is should be? I mean really....

Yeah, that guy's a tool. You have every right to test drive a car before purchasing it. Since he wouldn't let you drive it, and judging by how you describe his driving, I'd definitely pass on that one.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:17 PM
4th Gear

I mean---I am only 23...but I work in a world where I am constantly dealing with Clients,Vendors..etc/etc - I respect everyone and I am genuinly nice...but I just kinda felt brushed off and offended.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:26 PM
18T
4th Gear

Hey Paul, Kevin is a great guy and that car is awesome. IF you make the deal you wont be dissapointed.

He knows cars and if he didnt take care of that car it wouldnt have a stock clutch last 90k miles with one of the best PC16 setups out there.

[8D]

Old 02-23-2008, 06:28 PM
4th Gear

I am not saying he isn't....but I cant picture me paying 10 grand for a used vehicle with 90K miles without driving no matter how nice it is.

ORIGINAL: 18T

Hey Paul, Kevin is a great guy and that car is awesome. IF you make the deal you wont be dissapointed.

He knows cars and if he didnt take care of that car it wouldnt have a stock clutch last 90k miles with one of the best PC16 setups out there.

[8D]

Old 02-23-2008, 06:31 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

I am not saying he isn't....but I cant picture me paying 10 grand for a used vehicle with 90K miles without driving no matter how nice it is.
Ofcorse and i undestand that. i just thought id let you know hes not new at the mod scene. he treats his car good. i have been with him to many meets.

Hope that helps.

I am actually suprised hes selling it after all that sweat and money. He wanted to go biturbo with an s4, but i guess hes going v8 instead.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:34 PM
4th Gear

It's a nice car-To be honest..if I new I wasnt going to test-drive it I wouldnt of wasted my time today. Im sure he takes care of his car and people seem to vouch for him. Im my mind just a shitty way fo doing bizness (IMO)

ORIGINAL: 18T

Ofcorse and i undestand that. i just thought id let you know hes not new at the mod scene. he treats his car good. i have been with him to many meets.

Hope that helps.

I am actually suprised hes selling it after all that sweat and money. He wanted to go biturbo with an s4, but i guess hes going v8 instead.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:40 PM
18T
4th Gear

Some people protect what they have i guess. But not to worry thers plenty of other moded A4's.

So youre looking for a B7 A4?

Old 02-23-2008, 06:43 PM
4th Gear

Yeah couple B7's maybe even a B6--funny because I been driving around in my roommates B6 A4--smooth ride

Im just so use to that small "sporty" feel for the B5's --I will miss it

And to be BRUTALLY honest I dont know much about the B6's/B7's

Old 02-23-2008, 06:53 PM
18T
4th Gear

Yeah couple B7's maybe even a B6--funny because I been driving around in my roommates B6 A4--smooth ride

Im just so use to that small "sporty" feel for the B5's --I will miss it

And to be BRUTALLY honest I dont know much about the B6's/B7's

Ahhh, I work with these things every day.

simply put i would never own a B6 unless it was an S4. The a4's are **** for some reason.

The b7's are great, anything past 06'. the 2.0T is a great motor! especially with a chip in it!

But if i had to buy something other than my car it would be another B5 LOL or

1996 Porsche TT

Quick Reply: RANT-Is this how is should be? I mean really....