Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The random crap thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: The random crap thread!

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

ORIGINAL: mamasaidA4

ORIGINAL: EvilA4

ORIGINAL: mamasaidA4

dude this thread is HELLLLLLLLLA long...where the heck have I been!?!

okay, im just gonna post something so i'm not the only loser who hasn't posted something in here...

god i hate work so much...i need a shot right about now...

Not to be a post *****... Arent you from SO CAL?
uhhhh....NO. if i was from socal i'd be saying "grip" not "hella"....NORCAL, buddy, NORCAL.

im SoCal and i dont use those words
beats me then why you dont...all the socal people from college that i knew used "grip"...

Old 07-29-2005, 01:41 AM

I was about to say, if you were in SOCAL saying that... prepare to hit a **** storm. I just thought you were from SO CAL.

I went down there to visit a friend and said hella... I didnt hear the end of it. Grip is somewhat universal.. I hear Nor Calians saying grip quite a bit.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: abacab

Just changing gears....

UNICEF alert for famine in Niger....here is a link for info...you can donate to help out...

UNICEF - Niger crisis
dude.. i totally read that wrong and was about to cuss you out for a minute.. you mean the country didnt ya!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 04:19 AM
4th Gear

wow i cant believe how much this thread grew. Its out of control!

Old 08-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Administrator

so today i clayed and waxed my other whip while on the clock ( I love my job)... and when i say that i mean my 1985 Montero.. boxiest car/suv thingy.. got it for free going to start thrashing it up.. kinda fun to drive though.. ohh and my office chair at work broke today

Old 08-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

South Carolina law states that there is no required certification or training on the use of Radar equipment.
If they aren't "trained" and they use one to "catch" you you cud prolly baet that in court. Of course, if the guy who nabs you IS trained, there goes your case, huh?
I dont think that would work because that state doesnt even require the police to be trained or certified on it
If they're not at the very LEAST "trained" if not licensed on the equipment they're using you stand a better than average chance of beating them in court. ANY equipment that ANY law enforcemt agency uses has to be trained on, otherwise they leave themselves OPEN for lawsuits. What if some veteran cop accidentally shoots an innocent bystander and then it turns out that, not only has he NEVER recieved any "training" on his weapon, he never bothered qualifying on it, either... How many hundreds of millions of dollars would said victims family stand to rake in in the ensuing trial? If training isn't required, but taken anyway, you lose your leverage. But, if NO training is taken on the equipment (no matter WHAT it may happen to be) then you have a leverage point upon which to base YOUR case... WHich state is this again? I may have cause to drive through there one day (speeding, of course)
I think training on a gun and training on a radar gun.. might have a slight importance difference.. but dont go speeding through there.. they will probably do a felony stop on ya, if your driving our A8.. but hey sounds like fun
I think I'll pass on teh felony stop. DWB, I've had my share of those. Never any fun. "driver, using your right hand, reach out and open the drivers door from theh OUTSIDE!!!..." The lights, the guns, the adrenaline... If I NEVA have another one it'll be TOO soon. All I need is some rook-cop to mistake their Sig for their Taser. Felony DWB is ike playing russian roulette. Pass Brutha, PASS! I do the speed limit in ALL unfamiliar areas/highways/neighorhoods, all teh time, EVERYTIME. You learn and you live...

Old 08-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Administrator

I dont blame you one bit.. especially in those souther states..

Old 08-01-2005, 01:40 AM
2nd Gear

Driving home today a guy in a toyota landcruiser tried to kill me!!!!

I had the cruise control on, going along, come up on this landcruiser, calmly switch lanes and go about the rest of my drive.
A few minutes later, he come right up on me, gets so close to me i can't even see him in my side mirrors (i'm going about 60)
He's swerving all around behind me, and at this point the road is just 1 lane each way with double yellow line, and we're on sort of a long gradual curve.
He pulls around me, illegally, glares at me, then pulls directly in front on me, like within 10 feet or less of my front bumper.
I tap the breaks to just turn off cruise control, cuz i have no idea what the h*ll is going on.
Then he SLAMS his breaks on (luckily i just had my breaks replaced), and luckily there were no cars coming at me, because i had to swerve into the oncoming traffic lane or else I would have hit him.
Then he just drives off going about 90. Speed limit on this road is 50 the whole 30ish mile stretch and i didn't come across him the rest of the drive.

I was afraid he'd be waiting for me or something around every curve though. I'm not sure what I did or did not do correctly to **** him off. When I passed him originally it was on a stretch of the road with a passing lane and he was going like 45 while i had cruise control set at 60 and like i said the speed limit was 50. Maybe he just felt like scaring the sh*t out of me cuz he was that type of person. I dunno. It was scary though.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Administrator

what a weirdo... people like that are the reason i carry a gun in my car... never know when they really going to flip out

glad you made it ok and didnt get into an accident, and see i told you getting the brakes done was a good thing

Old 08-01-2005, 01:44 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: lauren5757

Driving home today a guy in a toyota landcruiser tried to kill me!!!!

I had the cruise control on, going along, come up on this landcruiser, calmly switch lanes and go about the rest of my drive.
A few minutes later, he come right up on me, gets so close to me i can't even see him in my side mirrors (i'm going about 60)
He's swerving all around behind me, and at this point the road is just 1 lane each way with double yellow line, and we're on sort of a long gradual curve.
He pulls around me, illegally, glares at me, then pulls directly in front on me, like within 10 feet or less of my front bumper.
I tap the breaks to just turn off cruise control, cuz i have no idea what the h*ll is going on.
Then he SLAMS his breaks on (luckily i just had my breaks replaced), and luckily there were no cars coming at me, because i had to swerve into the oncoming traffic lane or else I would have hit him.
Then he just drives off going about 90. Speed limit on this road is 50 the whole 30ish mile stretch and i didn't come across him the rest of the drive.

I was afraid he'd be waiting for me or something around every curve though. I'm not sure what I did or did not do correctly to **** him off. When I passed him originally it was on a stretch of the road with a passing lane and he was going like 45 while i had cruise control set at 60 and like i said the speed limit was 50. Maybe he just felt like scaring the sh*t out of me cuz he was that type of person. I dunno. It was scary though.
im sorry to see that
u kno theres alot of *** wipes out there
i dont see anything wrong wit wut u did
maybe he thought u cut him off very slowly and calmly

Quick Reply: The random crap thread!