Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The random crap thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Administrator
Default RE: The random crap thread!

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

South Carolina law states that there is no required certification or training on the use of Radar equipment.
If they aren't "trained" and they use one to "catch" you you cud prolly baet that in court. Of course, if the guy who nabs you IS trained, there goes your case, huh?
I dont think that would work because that state doesnt even require the police to be trained or certified on it

Old 07-27-2005, 11:03 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: skidplatexa4

My Dad was in a union where he used to work. They treated us great, the benefits were amazing, and they kept me and my brother on the policy untill we were 18 after my Dad passed away. Which was only a few months for me and a year for my brother.

Nowadays I feel that there only protecting stupid and lazy people from not getting fired.
Well, in theory they should act as a balance to corporation and employeers. But they seem to have lost their way. However, the pendulum will swing...corporations will eventually step over the line of reasonable practice and unions, or some type of worker based collective bargining unit will come back.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:40 PM
2nd Gear

Random question for you guys:

Do you have to be 18 to go to shooting range if you have someone older than 18 with you?

Or does it probably depend on the state?

Old 07-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Administrator

call the shooting range and ask.. you dont have to be out here in WA.. because your being supervised by the range staff. And you have to follow strict rules.. but you probably need somebody 18 or older to transport a gun.. but its not like there going to card you

Old 07-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Administrator

hey u guys since this is random crap
heres my latest mod
Forge 007 DV
after a lil bit more saviing i can finally get chipped by REVO

Old 07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Administrator

ohh now that is pretty... when you going to install?

Old 07-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Administrator

i dunno after i get chipped to see the diffrence
heres another pic

it was bigger then i thought it would be

Old 07-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Administrator

yeah looks huge... cant wait to see it installed... you going to do the dyno before and after the install?

Old 07-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Administrator

its just a DV and i dont think theres any point for a dyno
and a DV doesnt give any HP gains only helps on response

Old 07-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

South Carolina law states that there is no required certification or training on the use of Radar equipment.
If they aren't "trained" and they use one to "catch" you you cud prolly baet that in court. Of course, if the guy who nabs you IS trained, there goes your case, huh?
I dont think that would work because that state doesnt even require the police to be trained or certified on it
If they're not at the very LEAST "trained" if not licensed on the equipment they're using you stand a better than average chance of beating them in court. ANY equipment that ANY law enforcemt agency uses has to be trained on, otherwise they leave themselves OPEN for lawsuits. What if some veteran cop accidentally shoots an innocent bystander and then it turns out that, not only has he NEVER recieved any "training" on his weapon, he never bothered qualifying on it, either... How many hundreds of millions of dollars would said victims family stand to rake in in the ensuing trial? If training isn't required, but taken anyway, you lose your leverage. But, if NO training is taken on the equipment (no matter WHAT it may happen to be) then you have a leverage point upon which to base YOUR case... WHich state is this again? I may have cause to drive through there one day (speeding, of course)

Quick Reply: The random crap thread!