Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The random crap thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Administrator
Default RE: The random crap thread!

Lauren.. Sorry it took so long.. but an officer from Bluffton SC.. is calling me in regards to the laws on Security making traffic stops etc.. what kind of authority they have.. what area there is it exactly?

For everyone else i think this conversation was on page 4 LMAO

Old 07-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Administrator

all Security in South Carolina are sponsored by SLED.. South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.. have all the powers of a sherrifs deputy.. due to the fact that the plantations in South Carolina are practically a city within themselves local law enforcement rely on the security to up hold the law.. which can include things from traffic enforcement up to arrest.. The difference between Police and Security in SC.. is that the police are required to go through a public safety academy. Security cant do investigations or follow ups on crimes. South Carolina law states that there is no required certification or training on the use of Radar equipment. Phewww hard to type and talk on the phone at the same time!!!

But if you get pulled over and feel unsure about the credentials of a "Security" guard call 911 and have them meet you there.. pull over in a well lit area

Old 07-26-2005, 11:51 PM
2nd Gear

Whoa, i can't believe you went to all that trouble... I figured they'd have to be able to do it, but i wasn't sure why.....

what plantation was the guy at you talked to?

Pretty cool you followed up though, what a nice guy you are,

Old 07-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Administrator

I talked to a Seargent for Bluffton Police Department.. who explained everything.. im going to take a guess and say you are on the "Hilton" (sp) plantation???

Old 07-27-2005, 12:51 AM
2nd Gear

uhm nope, but isn't it lame they can't call them neighborhoods and they have to call them plantations........

the one my parents live in still has the original plantation house and property with it, so it's kinda cool.... like way way back in our yard, there are the things in the ground that they tied their oxen to, it's all beautiful property

the main reason they gate them is because if you live on hilton head island you have either deep water or ocean in your neighborhood, so they do it to keep out tourists, if you live in bluffton which is right off island, you usually have deep water access so again they gate them to keep out the freaks

from what i understand there are rarely any major issues in any of the neighborhoods other than a few domestic disputes here and there, then all the old cranky people that just complain about everything

someone in the neighborhood called the gate to complain that their neighbor was grillling stuff and they could smell it and see the smoke from their yard (all the lots are like 1 to 2 acres), security told them there was nothing they could do, so the people threatened to call the "real" police, lol...... i hope i'm not that cranky when i get old

Old 07-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

South Carolina law states that there is no required certification or training on the use of Radar equipment.
If they aren't "trained" and they use one to "catch" you you cud prolly baet that in court. Of course, if the guy who nabs you IS trained, there goes your case, huh?

Old 07-27-2005, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

im very mature for my age

But your 20, homie... your out of the "mature for my age" thing. That would have worked if you were 16.

I just thought you were older... not like 40 just like older 20's early 30's.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:45 AM

ORIGINAL: mamasaidA4

dude this thread is HELLLLLLLLLA long...where the heck have I been!?!

okay, im just gonna post something so i'm not the only loser who hasn't posted something in here...

god i hate work so much...i need a shot right about now...

Not to be a post *****... Arent you from SO CAL?

Old 07-27-2005, 03:31 AM
2nd Gear

hey hey hey!!!!!!

this thread has more posts than the beer one, i'm so proud

Old 07-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: EvilA4

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

im very mature for my age

But your 20, homie... your out of the "mature for my age" thing. That would have worked if you were 16.

I just thought you were older... not like 40 just like older 20's early 30's.

i kind do live the life of a 40 year old

Quick Reply: The random crap thread!