Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The random crap thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:57 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: The random crap thread!

They're never the same as before. Deployment makes you look at life, people, situations at a different perspective. It is really difficult to handle the emotional and physical stress of being away from loved ones in a foreign land under constant danger for 12-18 months. Some of my friends are going on their third and fourth tour, I don't know how they do it. I must say theres no greater joy than coming home to family and friends, they make it all worth the effort.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:00 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: railrunner

[align=left]next door neighbor is 26 and just returned for a year from Iraq. When he drove up his driveway, we had made him a big sign hanging from his garage. Filled a cooler with his favorite beer, put four massive ribeye's in the fridge with a huge bottle of wine and covered the kitchen counter with snack food, cans of copenhagen, and half pints of every whiskey imagineable. Tremendous respect for that guy. Thank God they get a warm response from most people when they come home. [/align]
You guys/girls rock!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

you can shower him with all of his favorite things, but is he really the same man as when he left? i have no idea what the military is likebut i think it takes a unique person to be able to handle all the emotional things that come your way. i hope that in some way, every retruning soldier can feel a sense of pride, find inner peace once again and be happy and successful.
I think the two are unrelated (shower w/ gifts and is he the same guy). I r eally liked the question you asked and the point you made, but my point was strictly to remind people that some simple little creature comforts and subtle signs of thoughtfulness can go a long way towards helping someone feel cared for. I have a friend who is ex naval intelligence who now works to reintroduce armed forces to the work force. I have set these two up to work together. I don't expect he will ever be the same, but most men, soldier or not, I know still like the idea of a cold beer, a stiff whisky, and a good steak.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

well i think my line of thought was more like this:
yes, the "little creature comforts and subtle signs of thoughtfulness" DO go a long way!! but after the whoopla has settled, then what?
i think the ideaof an ex armed forces person working to reintroduce people back into the work force is a good idea.and there should bemore support groups for the military. it saddens me that our country is so willing to throw soldiers into harms way, but then when they return they're on thier own.
i have the highest regard for those in the military. and i always try to give a smile and a head nod to a man in uniform just to acknowledge my appreciation.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 PM
4th Gear

Hahahah, that ghost ride the whip thing is fu<king classic.

GHOST RIDE DA WHIP, FOREVERRR!

Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
4th Gear

When you got a new car/ And you're feelin' like a star/ What you gonna do?/ Ghost ride it!

I've never seen that vid before I looked it up just now; that is some funny ****! Especially since it's based on the Ghostbusters theme lol

Old 09-03-2007, 09:13 PM

not many people here this evening....still out partying???

so how was everybodys long weekend???
i'm lookin for trouble, but not much to be had here tonight.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:18 PM

johnnybravo????
where the hell have you been??
did they let you out on good behavior??

Old 09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
5th Gear

That post is neither random, nor crap, but I suppose I'll comment anyway.

My weekend was rather dull and eventless. Went out and got a couple CD's today, that's about it.

Anything cool happenin' with you??

Old 09-03-2007, 09:31 PM

a holiday weekend and your highlight is buying a couple of cd's???
hope they're good cd's!!

i went to the mizzou/illinois game on saturday. that was fun.
spent the rest of the weekend with normal partying....nothing to excessive.

Quick Reply: The random crap thread!