Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The random crap thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:46 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: The random crap thread!

I always new flying car's would be a problem!

ORIGINAL: Trey25

that thing looks like a monster...hence the name gremlin I guess lol

totally random...

http://parkoffka.ru/item/2006/6/12/p...a_ot_parkoffki

Old 01-17-2007, 05:53 PM

And its rather ugly too!

Old 01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

oh i like it .... where can i get one

Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear

So as it happens, I have a voracious appetite for literature. Rare is the night that I don't fall asleep with my head firmly planted in a book of some sort. Tonight, as I was straightening up my room, I noticed somthing horrible. Something so god awfully terrible thatI nearly had an apoplectic fit. I could not find my copy of Alexandre Dumas' Count of Monte Cristo. Well that just wouldn't do, so I slid into the Lightning and sped off to the closest Barnes&Noble. Now unfortunately, I have a slight problem with buying things. I should never be left alone in a bookstore. Within 20 minutes, I had to find a shopping bag to hold all the crap that I just knew I couldn't live without. Having agood supply of reading materialhas been especially importantrecently as my attempts at convivial cunjugation of the connubial persuasion have been rebuffedfor quite some time now(translation, I ain't got laid in a while).

The first thing that hopped into my hand of it's own accord (at least, that's what I tell girlfriends happened when they complain about my wasting money) was a copy of Oscar Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray. To anyone who has no read this, you're missing quite a treat. It's a story of a young man who sells his soul in exchange for eternal youth, and the various goings on thereafter. The creepiest part of the whole story is how a painting of young Dorian hung in his home ages instead, showing him in an increasingly grotesque and withered form. Like I said, you're missing out.

Moving on, I almost snaked a copy of Anna Karenina while looking for Count, but was instead drawn to a compilation of Lewis Carroll stories. Since I have never actually read any of the original Alice stories, I figured it was about time. Besides, one girl I was dating many years ago, Shelley, was a bit of a goth girl and had posters of rather spooky versions of Alice hanging around her room. When I commented on them, she told be that the real stories of Alice were even wackier than the art they inspired. Needless to say, that got me interested.

Finally, I found the Count, and this time a different translation of the original.Since the first translation was during Victorian times, much of the sexual innuendo was cut out, to better fit with the contemporary sensibilities. This one has eveidently had the risque material reinserted, which should make for even better reading. I am fully convinced that the Count of Monte Cristo is without a doubt, the most important literary contribution of all time. Anyone who knows how to read should at some point read this book. It is huge, and some of it take a determined effort to follow, but the story is hands down, the greatest ever told.

Then, me being me, I stroll around the discount books section. There's always something good there. Except today. I briefly got my hopes up when I saw a book titled "Scouting for Girls". SCORE!! Then I noticed that it was nothing more than a reprint of the Girl Scouts Handbook. Asshats. Getting me all excited like that for nothing. So my excursion to the bookstore ended with a copy of "100 Greatest Wonders of All Time". Leave it to me to be just as excited about that book as the scouting for girls one. For some reason, pictures of ancient crap gets me going. I don't know why. Do me a favor and look at a picture of Chaco Canyon or Angkor or MachuPicchu or the Acropolis at Athensand tell me if I'm the only one who feels this way.

Sorry, just figured a story about my trip to the bookstore was about as random crap as I could get...

Old 03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Administrator

might as well bring this thread back
u can write wat ever u want

Old 03-22-2007, 07:50 AM
2nd Gear

sounds like fun....

not[:-]

Old 03-22-2007, 10:43 AM
4th Gear

Aids!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear

its 8:30 and i want a cheese burger..

Old 03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear

Just had true mental gymnastics with a co-worker over where the hell the "Wayback Machine" came from. Mr. Wizard? No. Popeye was suggested. I guess there was this mad scientist who would take Popeye into a differnt time after he fell asleep. the image was that as Popeye fell asleep, he would fall back into a giant hand that would take him where he was supposed to go. that's some f'ed up **** right there. they don't make toons like that anymore. anyway, after nearly hemorraging every vein and artery in my brain, my co-worker remembered it was Peabody and Sherman. That part of my brain was fried in college. You know, the part that dangles stupid little pieces of information in front of you and then drives you crazy until someone else thinks of it first and you smack yourself on the head so hard you see stars 'cuz you feel stupid. That's me. I think I have suffered brain damage at the Pub Quiz at my local Irish bar.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:48 PM
4th Gear

This coffee taste really good today.

Quick Reply: The random crap thread!